Ah well, what's a girl to do besides grab a little escape wherever she can and what better mid-week escape is there than the Wednesday Hodgepodge? None! Join me in a little respite from the work week and head over to see Joyce at From This Side of the Pond to check out the rules, sign up, or just visit some of the other Hodgepodgers.
1. "The cure for anything is salt water-tears, sweat, or the sea." (Isak Dinesan) Would you agree? Of the three, which has 'cured' you most recently?
Well, no...I think there are plenty of things that can't be cured by any of those things. However, a good cry often makes a person feel better...so does some good old-fashioned exercise...and being at the beach perks most of us up. As for lately, I can't say I've done any of those for quite a while.
2. What's something you can't eat without salt? Do you normally salt your food a lot, a little, or not at all?
I love salt on my watermelon! When I was a kid I loved salt. Sometimes I'd even just pour some in my hand and lick it up. I still like it, just maybe not quite that much. I do lightly salt quite a few things, but I try to only use a pinch and skip it on somethings completely since I am on meds for high blood pressure. I must be doing okay as my blood pressure is better than it's ever been.
3. Sands of time, bury your head in the sand, built on sand, or draw a line in the sand...which sandy phrase could best be applied to something in your life right now?
I think 'sands of time.' There was a moment at Christmas when the whole family was together that I just sat back and took it all in. I was caught off guard and blown away by the thought that everyone there was there because of my husband and I, because we fell in love, got married, and started a family.
4. A favorite book, movie, or song with an island setting or theme?
Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry. It stirred my imagination so much as a child that I dreamed for years of going there...and now I've been many times and it remains my happy place.
5. Yesterday-did you run your day or did it run you? How so?
I felt like I ran it because even though snow moved in and surprised the heck out of everyone and made the roads in the higher elevations (exactly where I drive the bus) rather bad during the morning, I kept calm and used the skills I've learned over the years and didn't have a lick of trouble or fear.
6. You're on an island holiday. Will I most likely find you parked in a beach chair, shopping in town, on the back of a jet ski, or snorkeling off the back of a catamaran?
I want to do it all! I love to cram my vacations full of activity. I like the beach, but I'm only good for about half of each day doing that. Then I want to explore on bikes, check out the shops, try all the restaurants, and probably my favorite thing...fishing off a boat.
7. What do you think we humans most take for granted?
Life itself. We put things off, we don't take care of things, we don't appreciate the people in our lives. We just assume tomorrow is going to be there.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I heard this on the radio this morning and it's stuck with me.
Worry doesn't change tomorrow,
it just steals the peace from today.