December 3, 2016

Sunday Stealing: The Boat Questions

We found this gem... from a blogger named Becky Yanagy from the blog “where life takes you” who said, “After being sick for a week and not blogging, I hate to come back with another [set of questions]...but my pal Nettie tagged me. Anything for Nettie. ;-)” She tagged anyone who read it, so we are in! And we never trace our theft  further, who has the time? Unlike so many blogs we steal from, this blog in till active. Why I shared that info or why it's relevant I haven't a clue. Sorta like the tweets of the Donald. Oh on the name this meme. Today is December 4th and it's my brother's birthday. His nickname if "Boat". But I still call him Mark.
Time to toast, to Mark and to us!!

Cheers to all of us thieves! 

Sunday Stealing: The Boat Questions 





1. YOU HAVE 10 BUCKS AND NEED TO BUY SNACKS AT A GAS STATION. WHAT DO YOU GET?

The most common chain around here also has hot, made-to-order food...and it's good!  I'd get pizza or a barbecue pulled pork sandwich with onion rings.

2. IF YOU WERE REINCARNATED AS SOME SORT OF SEA DWELLING CREATURE, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?

A seahorse, they are so cool to watch.


3. WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE REDHEAD?

Richie Cunningham



4. WHAT DO YOU ORDER WHEN YOU'RE AT A DINER?


Breakfast or whatever the daily special is...unless it's something I hate.

5. LAST BOOK YOU READ?


The new Stephanie Plum book from Janet Evanovich, Turbo Twenty-three.

6. DESCRIBE YOUR FAVORITE PAIR OF UNDERWEAR?


They're cotton.  They have an elastic waistband.  Two leg holes.  Pretty standard.

7. DESCRIBE THE LAST TIME YOU WERE INJURED.


My ankle "popped" walking across the parking lot at work last year.  It swelled up and I got an x-ray.  I managed to sprain my ankle walking in a straight line. Just call me Grace.

8. ROCK CONCERT OR SYMPHONY? LAST SEEN?


I'd choose the rock concert over the symphony, but I couldn't tell you the last rock concert I went to.  I was more into Country for a long time and while I saw lots of those, I saw more Toby Keith than anything.  I've seen him probably at least 8 times.  I even met him once.



9. IF SOMEONE WERE TO BUY YOU A GIFT, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE IT TO BE?


A big Ninja blender that is powerful enough for me to make hummus in.
 

10. WHAT TYPE OF SHIRT DO YOU BEST IN?

Best at what??  I like to wear longer t-shirts and tunics.

11. IF YOU COULD USE ONLY ONE FORM OF TRANSPORTATION FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?


A car.  I like to drive and I kind of like to be in control.  I get nervous when I have to trust someone else be it another driver, a pilot, an engineer, or whatever.

12. WHAT IS YOUR DEADLY SIN?


Of the seven deadly sins?  I guess I'd have to say "sloth" since I am a huge procrastinator.

13. MOST RECENT MOVIE YOU'VE WATCHED IN A THEATER? RATE IT.

My husband and I saw Suicide Squad when it came out.  I was surprised but we really enjoyed it.  It was entertaining and it had a fabulous soundtrack. I'd give it an A-.

14. IF YOU COULD INVENT ONE THING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?


The cure for cancer.

15. NAME AN ACTOR/ACTRESS YOU'VE HAD THE HOTS FOR?


Kyle Chandler of Homefront, Early Edition, and Friday Night Lights to name a few.


I had a thing for Oded Fehr, too, back in his days as the Magi in the Mummy movies.



16. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CITY? LAST TIME THERE?


Well, I haven't ever spent much time in any cities other than Pittsburgh and Erie.  Of the two, I guess I'd pick Pittsburgh as my favorite...so much cool stuff to do there.  I'm a country girl, though, so I just like to visit.  I was there back in October.

17. WHAT'S THE FIRST WORD THAT COMES TO MIND RIGHT NOW?


I tried....I don't have a single word.  I keep having complete thoughts.

18. WHAT TYPE OF PET DO YOU HAVE?


Two dogs, Elvis and Daisy.  Elvis is a Beagle/Basset mix and a mellow, lovable boy.  He's going to be 11 and has tons of fatty tumors.  We're trying to love on him all we can.  Daisy is a Toy Poodle and a hyper little diva, but she's my little fluffer-nut.



19. WHERE HAVE YOU LIVED THE LONGEST? 


In the house we live in now.  We've been here for 22 years.

20. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON THAT SPENT $100 ON YOU?


I'm sure that honor belongs to my husband.

21. WHAT'S THE LAST PIECE OF CLOTHING YOU BOUGHT?


I bought fleece-lined leggings at Walmart last week.  OMG...those things are AMAZING!

22. WHAT WAS/IS YOUR FAVORITE JOB?


I guess it's the one I've got.  I've been at it for 14 years now.

23. WHO MAKES YOU LAUGH THE MOST??


Jeff Dunham.  I just got done watching one of his comedy specials and I was howling the whole way through it.  I'm watching the guys from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour now and they are pretty funny, too.

24. WHAT ARE YOU CRAVING?


Not a thing.

25. WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND?


I'm a woman, it's December....Christmas.  Gifts....dinner....cards....plans....

14 comments:

  1. Jeff Dunham's Christmas special is a hoot - the DVD is much better than what is shown on TV, though. I had a poodle when I was growing up. They are great dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw the Blue Collar Comedy tour in Pittsburgh a few years ago. I never knew they were filming it for a special until I watched it on TV last night!

      Everyone in my family had Poodles when I was growing up. We got one then my grandmother got one and she started breeding and well....they kind of ended up being like Tribbles!

      Delete
  2. *Your gas station has pulled pork?!
    *Seahorses are amazing
    *I rolled mt ankle once, it was awful
    *Your dogs are adorable
    *I liked Early Edition and yes, 90's Oded Fehr was a babe
    *Fleece-lined leggings need to be in my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pulled pork is only the beginning. Sheetz has really good food.
      And yes, you need fleece-lined leggings.

      Delete
  3. I got fleece lined leggings last year. They are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could live in them if I went out and bought a whole lot of tunics. I am NOT a fan of people wearing them as pants.

      Delete
  4. Fleece lined leggings sound heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your answers! We're getting a WaWa soon, so hot food at the convenience store is coming (thought I think our 7-11 has hot food too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheetz is the main one around here and they really have good fast food and it's made to order...all customizable so better than fast food.

      Delete
  6. OK, I'm sold--I will be buying some fleece-lined leggings. You can tell who lives in cold weather (and who is female) ... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love them. I'm even thinking they will be toasty under my jeans for work this winter. They fit snugger and are more comfortable than long johns.

      Delete
  7. Love reading this meme every week, and loved your answers.
    Your doggies are so cute together, and yes, love Elvis just as much as you can. Since beagles are such "singers", I guess that's how he got his name.
    The Poodle is my favorite dog. I love all the sizes and mixes, like Wolfie, but the toys have adorable little personalities.
    Your fleece lined leggings sound fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave me a comment. I do try to respond to all comments....unless you're a spammer. If you're a spammer....GO AWAY!