Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) When were you last breathless?
A couple of months ago. My allergies were in high gear and I woke up gasping.
2) This is the love theme from Top Gun, and the romance was between a pilot and his instructor. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?
Is there anyone who hasn't? I adored my high school homeroom teacher. He was young, Italian, and cute as could be. He also cared about us kids and was more like a big brother in how he watched out for us. I still run into him now and then and he's still a big sweetie.
3) The pilots in Top Gun all had cool nicknames -- including Maverick, Goose, Merlin, Cougar and Stinger. Give yourself a cool pilot name.
4) The actress who played the instructor, Kelly McGillis, owns Kelly's Caribbean Bar/Grill and Brewery in Key West. It's known for its cheese and beer dip appetizer, served with warm pretzels. What's one of your favorite between meal snacks?
Popcorn. I have all kinds of products to flavor it.
5) The group who recorded this week's song is called Berlin, but they're really from Southern California. Have you ever been to Berlin? How about Southern California?
No and no.
6) Lead singer Terri Nunn has a weekly radio show, Unbound on KCSN. How often do you listen to the radio? Do you tune in for music, comedy, news or talk?
I listen to the radio every day driving back and forth to work, which I do twice a day. I sometimes tune in at home, too. I'm all about the music.
7) In 1986, when this song was popular, PeeWee's Playhouse premiered. While ostensibly for children, PeeWee Herman's show had many, many adult viewers. Do you watch still watch any kid's shows?
I don't watch any these days except when my grandkids are around and I can't say that I like any of them. I admit I watched PeeWee with my son, who was born in 1986, and I liked it.
8) Robert Pattinson, the actor who played Edward the vampire in the Twilight series, was born in 1986. Have you read the Twilight books? Seen the movies?
Nope and I have zero desire to. I don't get the whole vampire attraction.
9) Random question: In an alternate universe, which of these professions would you like to find yourself in -- United States senator, Ivy League professor, or imminent psychiatrist?
Maybe a U.S. senator. I've always been interested in politics and seriously thought about a double major of journalism and political science back in the day. Now you couldn't pay me enough to consider either one. I've lost pretty much all respect for both fields.
Link up with Sam @ Saturday 9 to join in the fun.