2. How many times do you stare at your bookshelves each day? Maybe once or twice and that's only the one that is in the living room. The rest of my bookcases are in another room or I'd probably be looking at them all day.
3. How many Goodreads friends/books do you have? I really don't know. I signed up years ago and I still get notices, but I am notoriously bad about keeping up with my book lists so I just gave up.
4. Do you ever quote books in public? Not really. I talk about them, but I rarely quote them.
5. Do you ever re-read books? Absolutely! There are many books I've read a second time and a few like Little Women that I've read so many times I've lost count.
6. Do you judge a book by its cover? Not often. The cover may be the thing that initially hooks my attention, but I want to know what a book's about before I buy it. The exceptions might be books that I buy specifically to collect.
7. Do you take pictures of your books before you read them? No. Do you?
8. What are your biggest distractions from reading? Facebook and work.
9. Where is your favorite place to buy books? I still like Barnes & Noble, but I rarely buy new. The majority of my books come from used book sales, yard sales, auctions, and flea markets.
10. Do you always have a book with you? Not always, but most of the time.
11. Do you read during breakfast? I do. My husband watches the news so he doesn't mind.
12. How many hours a day would you say you read? Probably 2 or 3.
13. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago? I'd have to say less because of working more and Facebook. I used to read a book every day or two. Now I probably average one book per week, maybe reading 2 once in a while.
14. Do you consider yourself a speed reader? In the strictest sense of it? No. I can whip through a book rather quickly if I'm really into it...like the new release from a favorite author. I keep telling myself I'm going to pace myself each time I get a new one and then I get into it, can't put it down and finish it in a day. Then I want to kick myself because I have to wait 6 months or a year until the next release.
15. Do you read in bed? Not any more. I used to nearly every night, but, eh, the hubby and I are getting older and tired-er. We get in bed and we sleep.
16. How old were you when you got your first library card? Probably about 12.