Popping in to join with Cat and the gang @ Saturday 9 for a little meme fun.
Saturday 9: Can't Stop the Feeling! (2016)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This is an upbeat, positive song. Are you feeling upbeat and positive right now?
Not really. I'm feeling rather beat up. Nothing huge, but this year has just been one thing after another. It feels like we just can't catch a break.
Just this week for example my son and husband were both in accidents. My son was simply sitting in traffic and was hit from behind, which pushed him into the vehicle in front of him as well. His car is totaled and he has fractures in 2 of the vertebrae in his neck. He will be in a brace and off work for a month. My husband is fine, but his accident was his fault so all damage is on our insurance....and of course, the most damage is to his truck (yes, the same truck that was the bane of my existence all summer).
2) Justin Timberlake is a good dancer. And why not? In this song, he sings he has "good soul in my feet." Consider your own dancing talent and compose your own lyric: I have ___________ in my feet.
When I was young, I was actually a pretty good dancer and I LOVED to dance but age, weight, and aches and pains have taken their toll. I'd say that these days "I have lead in my feet."
3) In the video, there's dancing in the laundromat. Do you have dirty clothes in the hamper, or are you all caught up with your laundry?
I am NEVER caught up on laundry. Even with just the two of us in the house. I swear the stuff breeds in the hamper. Also, I have a front-loading HE washer and one thing I hate is how long it takes to wash a load. Most loads require at least an hour to run through so it takes longer than it used to.
4) There's also dancing in the supermarket. What do you need to pick up at the store?
Milk, eggs, meat, stuff for my husband's lunches.
5) This song will appear in the upcoming Dreamworks Trollsmovie. Some people believe Troll dolls are good luck. Do you have a good luck charm?
6) Justin Timberlake loves to dunk Oreos in milk. Crazy Sam thinks this is all wrong -- the way to eat an Oreo is to twist the two halves apart and lick the cream first. Which method do you prefer, Justin's or Sam's?
I haven't eaten an Oreo in forever, but I don't do either. I don't like them soaked in milk and I don't like to eat the cream and then be stuck with the plain, dry, blah cookie part.
7) Justin admits to some fashion fails. He and Britney Spears wore matching denim outfits that he regrets, and he's sorry he ever tried cornrows. What about you? Can you think of a look you thought was cool at the time, but now it makes you shudder?
Virtually every thing from the second half of the 80s into the early 90s. Big shoulder pads...parachute pants...all those neon colors...big hair...and then there was the Laura Ashley craze, I came across a picture of me wearing a dress inspired by that style and even though I was probably 30, I looked like someone's grandmother heading off to church!
8) He is a very good golfer. When were you last on the golf course?
In college. I know how and my gym teacher then (yes, I took golf as a gym class) thought I was good enough to compete, but I never did get into it.
9) Random question: Think about your romantic involvements. Were you in love with one of them, some of them, or all of them?
Geez, I've been with my husband since I was 19 years old (and that was 32 years ago!), so all my other romantic involvements were before that. I would say that at the time I believed I was in love with all of them, but from this point I can look back and say that they were just infatuations or puppy love, if you will.