October 19, 2016

Sensing the Hodgepodge

1. What would you say is your strongest sense? I think it's a toss up between hearing and smell, though I am getting to the age where I still can hear tiny noises, but the background noise of a crowd makes it very hard to hear conversation. Some people are difficult to understand on the phone, too. Still, it's the one I'm most aware of using.

2. Do you believe in the idea of a 'sixth sense'? Why or why not?  I guess I do because God warns us to stay away from psychics, seerers, fortune tellers and all that.  I don't ever check horoscopes or stuff like that.  I do believe God gives the gift of "discernment" when we need it and that's kind of like a "sixth sense."  I know I'll often put strange facts together in my mind and "know" something...or see a post on Facebook and know what the underlying motivation/reason is.

3. When do you most feel like a slave to time? Explain.  During work.  I have to start picking kids up at a certain time.  I have to get them to school by a certain time.  I take the vo-tech kids at a certain time, pick them up at a certain time. Have a specific amount of time at home between runs, know when I have to leave to get back to work.  Yeah, my work days are all about watching the clock.

4. Have you ever worked in a restaurant? How would you rate the experience? If you could own a restaurant what kind would it be?  I volunteered in the hospital cafe a couple of times as a kid.  It pretty much cured me of ever wanting to work in food service.  People can be very mean and unforgiving when it comes to their food.  As for what kind of restaurant would I own....I actually think about this one fairly often.  If I won the lottery I'd open either a Joe's Crab Shack or a Panera Bread.

5. 
Ever traced your family tree? Share something interesting you learned there. It was mostly done before I got interested and there are lots of interesting things there.  On my grandfather's side I can claim John and Priscilla Alden (the Pilgrims) as my 11th or 12th great grandparents.  Another ancestor on that side, who was a stagecoach driver, was shot in a saloon in Buffalo, NY in a case of mistaken identity.  One of my grandmother's ancestors was supposed to have been hand selected by Commodore Perry to help crew the boat to take Perry from his sinking flagship to the Niagara which then became the flagship on Lake Erie during the War of 1812.

6. What did your childhood bedroom look like?  I had a lot of different bedrooms because we moved.  The earliest I remember was done in a Raggedy Ann theme.  Then there was a blue room with an early American/colonial/patriotic theme.  Next was a purple room.  And the last one was done in modern 70's style black, brown and white.

7. Anyone who knows me knows I love_______________________? 

God, my family, my dogs, my country, books/reading, and seafood.

8. Insert your own random thought here.  This just cracks me up.



2 comments:

  1. That nativity is quite creative! Ha! I seriously thought I was the only person with a childhood purple/lavender bedroom...you make the 5th person who referenced the color. Wow! What an interesting family history!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have a lot of interesting links in your family history. Ha-that nativity is funny. Some people are so clever. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave me a comment. I do try to respond to all comments....unless you're a spammer. If you're a spammer....GO AWAY!