So, now that I'm here, let's get on with giving thanks! A special thanks to my bloggy friend, Rebecca Jo @ Knit by God's Hand for hosting every week.
This week I am thankful...
* for a mostly uneventful first week of school. The mix of kids on the bus has been shaken up just enough to change the dynamics during each run and I like it!
* that our daughter is no longer working nights for the cleaning company. She really, really needs a job, but NOT that one. I hated the idea of her working alone in those businesses at night.
* the season of all things Pumpkin Spice is upon us! Yes, I am one of those people.
* we are finally starting to make some in-roads into the cause(s) of my husband's chronic pain and other health issues. He has cysts on both kidneys, high cholesterol, sleep issues, and the biggie....on a scale of mild/moderate/severe damage, both of is hips are moderate-severe. The doctor says he will probably need to have both of them replaced within the next 5 years. It's not great news, but at least we know it isn't something awful like cancer.
* for the upcoming 3-day weekend.
* that when our daughter's ob sent her to the emergency room yesterday because of shortness of breath, all they could find was mild anemia.
* for getting the baby shower invitations done and in the mail and for continued communication with the other grandma. It would be nice to have a good relationship with them. I get that they aren't very comfortable in social situations, but a little is better than bad feelings and miscommunication all around.
* for all of you, of course!
Enjoy the rest of your week
and have a safe and happy
Labor Day weekend with
family and friends!