August 31, 2016

A Blue Hodgepodge

Well, this is it...the last Hodgepodge of August.  Some of you may thing that makes it the last one of the summer, but that was last week as far as I'm concerned.  School started this week and that means I am back to work.  Summer's over.  Boo.

1.  Are there any men or women in blue on your family tree? No, the closest we got was my dad being a Game Commission deputy.

2. Are you someone who suffers from the Sunday night blues? What helps you get over it?  I'm really not.  By Sunday night I'm usually ready to wrap my mind around Monday and get the new week started.


3. I read the color blue is an appetite suppressant since there are very few naturally blue foods out there. How do you feel about blue cheese? Love it or blech? If you're a fan, what's something you like that's made with blue cheese?  Blech!  I am not a fan of the stuff.

4. We can't head in to the Labor Day weekend without a related question, can we? Complete this thought: I work best when____________________.  I work best when....under pressure!  I've always done well at the last minute.  I guess that's a good thing since I am a procrastinator. 

5. 'Everything yields to diligence.' Antiphanes Your thoughts? (on this particular quote or on diligence in general)  I'd say I agree with that most of the time.  If you work hard at something I think you will be successful, but there are always exceptions to every rule.

6. The National Park Service turned 100 years old on August 25th. Have you been to many of America's National Parks? If so share with us a favorite or two. Which National Park would you most like to visit before the next birthday rolls around? No, I haven't been to many.  I'm digging through my mind and I can only be sure that I went to Assateague Island.  I would love to see some of the biggies like Yosemite and Yellowstone.

7.  Bid farewell to August in seven words or less.  I wish you had been more fun.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.  The new year has been fairly uneventful so far.  Of course, we are only three days into it!  The worst I've had to deal with so far was how late we were running on Monday.  I didn't drop my last kid off until 5:00 and it was 5:30 by the time I got back to the garage.  Yesterday was a little better.  I hope today is a lot better.  I'm not minding the extra vo-tech run mixed into my mornings at all.  I take the high schoolers to tech between the high school and elementary runs in the morning.  After the elementary run I drive the bus home and have maybe 45 minutes to take the dogs out, throw in a load of laundry or something like that.  Then it's over to the vo-tech school, which is just across the highway from the house, to pick the kids up and take them back to the high school.  From there I take the bus to the garage and drive home for lunch.  I have a couple of hours before I have to head back for the afternoon runs.  It's making me be more organized and I'm getting more done, I think.  I'm actually liking it.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you said goodbye to August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Paula...your good-bye to August is the best I've seen. I agree with you!! August hasn't been much fun here either

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave me a comment. I do try to respond to all comments....unless you're a spammer. If you're a spammer....GO AWAY!