Good morning! It's Wednesday, which means it's time to join up with Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond for the Wednesday Hodgepodge.
1. I read here four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Will you add it to your August? I received a calligraphy set as a gift in high school so I've done that. I used to write letters all the time, so....done. I've actually put together a family cookbook that I need to get printed. I guess all that's left is to learn a new kind of dance and honestly....I don't see it happening.
2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, 'To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.' Agree or disagree? Explain. I agree. If we have everything we want, what is there to strive for? We would become complacent and lazy. Plus, I think not having everything pushes us to be grateful for what we do have and gratitude is the key to defeating negative thinking.
3. August 17th is National Thriftshop Day...are you a 'thrifter'? If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds. I love looking at thrift shops, though usually for things other than clothing. I've found some very good books, toys for the kids, glassware, purses... When I was in college I found a men's suit jacket that I loved. I rolled the sleeves up 80's style and wore that thing all the time.
4. On a scale of 1-10 (with 1= almost none and 10=loads) how would you rate your sense of wanderlust? What kicks your wanderlust into high gear? Before I was married and even after until the kids came along I'd say my sense of wanderlust was at level 10. I'd have packed up and gone anywhere at any time. These days I'd still like to travel, but just as a vacation and I want time to plan and pack. I'd say I'm at maybe a 5 now. As for what kicks it into "high" gear....stress, frustration at home, boredom.
5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? How so? A sprint. It's going so darn fast!
6. What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives? Diet and exercise and organization. My work schedule is going to be more hectic this year and I won't have as much down time. I really need to have a plan of some sort to cope with getting done what I need to get done when I have time to do it.
7. What's the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time? I had lunch at Olive Garden this past Monday with my mom, my daughter, my sister-in-law, and three family friends to celebrate my birthday. We had a great time talking and laughing. It turned into a 3-hour lunch and it sure never felt like we were there that long.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Please continue to pray for the people of Louisiana affected by the flooding. Our niece and her husband and baby live there. They have three families staying with them who have lost everything. So far they are safe and dry where they are, but the flooding is not over yet. The pictures she has been sharing have shown just how all encompassing the flooding is. There are entire towns under water! So pray and if you can...give. So many are going to need it.