It's Thursday again, the next to last one of the summer, to be exact. That means it's time to get thankful for all of life's blessings along with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand. You join in the fun over at her blog and find the links to others who are being intentionally thankful.
This week I am thankful...
* for all the rain we've had. We really needed it. The veggies and flowers are soaking it up!
* for the break in the humidity. It's nice to be able to breathe easily.
* that my husband finally went to the doctor. He feels pretty yucky all the time, but has spells where he is worse. Getting him to go see the doctor is next to impossible and when he does go, he tends to not be all that great at following through on the doctor's orders. This time he is to get blood work done to check on a lot of things (prostate cancer among them), x-rays on his hips and back, and see the pulmonary doctor, which is step one of the process to have a sleep study done.
* the bane of my existence (also known as my husband's pickup truck) is at my cousin's garage. He thinks he can do what needs to be done. I pray he can and I pray he can do it at a reasonable price.
* that I was able to order my Total Gym. It's the least expensive model, but I think it will be more than enough machine for me and I can always add accessories later. I just know that I need to get serious about some strength training (and cardio!).
* that we are picking the grandkids up early Saturday morning and keeping them all day while their daddy takes their momma to the hospital for an outpatient procedure. If the weather cooperates, we are going to the zoo.
* for all the well-wishes, prayers and gifts on my birthday.
* for more time than usual with my husband.
* for the gift of money from my mom and stepdad that allowed me to get a copy of God's Not Dead 2 and Janet Evanovich's newest book, Curious Minds, which also happens to be the first book in a new series. I really like all the series, though I have to admit, the Stephanie Plum books aren't quite what they used to be and I wish she would write more in the Lizzy and Diesel series....those two crack me up and are so much fun.
* for YOU of course!
That's it for today. I need to get some stuff done around here since the grandkids will be here on Saturday. Have a blessed and thankful Thursday!