Saturday 9: Hello (2015)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This video begins with Adele and her flip phone. Is your cell phone a simple or a smart phone? It's a smart phone. A Samsung Galaxy Note 5, to be precise. While I love the camera feature and being able to get online at any time...I TOTALLY FRICKIN' LOATHE HAVING EVERY ACCOUNT I'VE GOT IN THE WORLD SYNCED TOGETHER!!
2) As soon as her cell is fully charged, Sam disconnects the adapter from the outlet to save electricity. Are you careful about conserving energy? No, just ask the electric company. They are always sending me letters telling me how much electricity I use compared to my energy efficient neighbors. In my defense, we at least switched over and our electricity is provided by wind not coal. And by the way, I am careful to unplug our phone chargers since my husband's got so hot it melted through a bunch of stuff!
3) Adele sings that she must have a called a thousand times but her former lover never picked up. Think about the last call you made. Did you get through? Did you leave a voice mail? Or did you just hang up? It was to my husband and it went through, we talked and then hung up. Fascinating, no?
4) Adele brews a cup of tea in the video. How often do you drink tea? Year round? Only in winter? Never? I drink it whenever the mood strikes me. I love freshly made teas from a tea shop that is near here. Their strawberries & cream flavor is to die for. I also have a weakness for pumpkin spice in the fall and I reach for peppermint tea as soon as I start to feel sick.
5) Adele told Glamour magazine she like two sugars in her tea. Do you watch your sugar intake? Not really, but when I'm adding the sugar, such as in tea, I try to not overdo it and while I love sugar on my tomatoes, I've been eating them with salt and pepper this summer.
6) This song is about reaching out to someone and extending an apology. When is the last time you said, "I'm sorry?" I don't know. I can't remember the last big thing I needed to apologize for and I probably apologize half a dozen times a day or more for little things.
7) Adele was a heavy smoker who enjoyed the habit and didn't quit until 2015, after doctors convinced her it contributed to her chronic throat problems. What's something you know you should do for your health? Lose weight, eat healthier, exercise more.....
8) Even though she is one of the world's highest-earning entertainers, she recently had her credit card rejected while shopping at H&M. She admits she was "mortified." Have you ever experienced that moment at the counter when your card was rejected? Yes, while using a debit card. I take care of the finances while my husband chooses to remain clueless so if he uses his card all he knows is that there is money in there and his card works. He is unaware that maybe I've paid bills and they just haven't come in yet. Or he has just bought something big without telling me and then when I go to the grocery store....surprise!
9) Random question: When you were a kid, did you keep a neat or messy bedroom? I know it wasn't the neatest room on the planet. I had a friend who held that honor. (Seriously, she COMBED the fringe on the throw rugs!) However, I don't think it was that bad. You didn't have to wade through foot-deep piles of stuff to walk in it or anything. (That was my kids.) Based on the amount of time my mom spent yelling at me to clean it, she apparently saw it differently.