Welcome to the Saturday 9, the weekly meme that consists of 9 questions based (usually) on a song.
This week's questions are inspired by:
Ode to Billie Joe (1967) Here the song here.
1. This song takes place on "the third of June," which is described as "another sleepy, dusty" day. Describe the weather where you were on Friday, June 3, 2016. It started out rainy and very wet (some nearby towns had flooding), but quickly became sunny. It wasn't has hot has it has been, but it was definitely humid!
2. In this song, the family sits down to eat and discuss the doings of their friends and neighbors. Mama, Papa, Brother and Sister were at the table. Who did you have dinner with on Friday? Me, myself, and I. My daughter was working and my husband got burnt at work on Thursday and wasn't feeling well. He came home from a doctor's appointment and went to bed.
3. Young Billie Joe MacAllister playfully put a frog down another kid's back. Do you see many frogs where you live? I don't often see them, but I know there are tree frogs galore in the neighborhood. You should hear them in the Spring. My neighbor's pool sounds like Club Med for frogs every night!
4. This song made Mississippi's Tallahatchie Bridge famous. What's the name of a bridge in your neighborhood? We have a LOT of bridges around here, but I guess the closest one would be "Murphy's Bridge." In the old days people jumped off of it into the Loyalhanna Creek. I was forbidden to do so, with good reason. Many died or were seriously injured doing so over the years. Since swimming pools are so accessible now days, I rarely, if ever see anyone swimming in the creek.
5. Bobbie Gentry often performed with Glen Campbell. Mr. Campbell's family is very open about Glen's battle with Alzheimer's. Is anyone in your life facing this terrible disease? No and I thank God for that!
6. "Ode to Billie Joe" was made into a movie directed by Max Baer, Jr. Mr. Baer is better known for playing Jethro Bodine in a famous 1960s era sitcom. Can you name it? Of course! The Beverly Hillbillies.
7. Bobbie Gentry made one of her last public appearances in 1981 on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Johnny is now seen in reruns on the Antenna TV channel. Think of the last TV show you watched. Was it new or was it a rerun? I think the last thing I watched last night was a rerun of The Big Bang Theory.
8. In 1967, when this song was popular, Sweden changed its traffic laws and Swedes began driving on the right. Have you ever driven in a foreign country? If so, did you have a hard time adapting to their laws? I've never driven in a foreign country.
9. Random question: Which would you rather have more of - compliments or hugs? Definitely hugs. Compliments are often not sincere and don't mean much.