Welcome all you Sunday Stealing thieves to my new location. I'm giving up paying for my own domain and going back to good old free blogging. I hope you like the new digs.
This week's meme is stolen from Tumblr Surveys.
Meal Skipper Meme
1. Do you skip meals sometimes? Sure. It's usually breakfast on days I'm not working. Every now and then it's dinner because I had a late lunch. I might be doing a lot more of it soon. I have a couple of friends who follow an intermittent fasting plan and they are really on my case to try it.
2. Last time you overate? I'm guessing I'm about to do that in a few minutes. I'm making shrimp and scallop scampi while I'm doing this and as has been mentioned before on this blog....I love me some shrimp!
3. Do you like Mexican food? I love it, though I don't like super spicy dishes. We have a Don Patron near us and I love their enchiladas. If I'm not mistaken there is a touch of cinnamon in their sauce. They also have this great dish called Pina Loca that involves half a pineapple, pork, chicken, shrimp, green peppers and onions. Yum!
4. Do you like Chinese food? I do. My favorites being chicken and string beans, crab rangoon, and rice noodles loaded up with everything.
5. Do you like Italian food? Yes, and the more garlic, the better it is.
6. Do you like American food? So, what do you consider American food? Isn't our food kind of a blending of the native foods of all the lands we come from? That said, of course I do. I'm a little bit of a foodie, in case you couldn't tell.
7. Have you ever been on a diet? I've kind of played at a Weight Watchers a few times, but I've never been terribly serious about it. I need to change that. Soon.
8. Do you like vegetables? Yes, my dad always had a huge garden so vegetables were a big part of my diet growing up. Exceptions to the rule are eggplant (disgusting no matter what you do to it) and the "exotics" like kohlrabi.
9. On a scale from 1 to 5, how much do you eat a day (1=not eating, 5=eating 3 meals)? Generally, it's a 4 or 5. Two to three meals and maybe a snack.
10. Do you think you eat healthily? I eat better than a lot of people, but I have lots of room for improvement.
11. Do you think you are ugly? What an awful question to ask people! I'm no beauty queen, but I hope people aren't moved to nausea when I enter the room.
12. Do you like your hair? Most of the time. It could use a trim right now and it definitely needs the roots touched up.
13. Do you like the way you look? I'd like to lose weight, but other than that, I'm content with what I've got.
14. Would you want to change anything? Anything about what? The first thing that comes to mind is the three *&%#$@'s running for president. I would change THAT if it was possible.
15. Do you ever wear a lucky color? No, I don't believe in luck.
16. Do you care how other people see you? There are certain situations when I want to present an acceptable for the circumstances image, but in general, I'm finally at a point in life where if you don't like me, I just don't care.
17. Do you or have you ever worn braces? No, and honestly? I think they slap them on kids (and adults) who have no need of them these days. Cha-ching!
18. Do you wear glasses and/or contacts? I wear glasses all the time. I'm extremely nearsighted without them. I wore contacts in high school, college, and a few years beyond, but they really bother me now and it's not worth the hassle.
19. Do you want to gain weight, lose weight, or stay about the same? Already answered this a couple of times over. I want to lose it.
20. What do you do if you have the flu? Feel like crap. What else are you going to do? I try to keep up with fluids and rest, but that's about all you can do.
21. How many tries to get your driver's license? One and that goes for the CDL, too.
22. Are you saving up for anything in the future? We want to redo both bathrooms and add a room onto the house. That takes some coin.
23. Do you have a lot of spare time? I do for the next three months since I don't work through the summer.
24. Do you consider yourself a responsible person? For the most part. I might forget something, but I'm not running around doing stupid stuff.
25. Do you consider yourself a lazy person? Let's say I'm less than motivated when it comes to stuff that doesn't interest me. Single-handedly clean the house, wrap the gifts and cook the meal for the family Christmas get-together? I'm your woman. Fold a load of laundry? Why can't you just pick it out of the basket?