February 7, 2017

Tuesday Tidbits

Rain, rain....GO AWAY!  You're better than snow, but still.  Yesterday was such a lovely SUNNY day.  We could do with much more of that here in drab, gray, Pennsylvania.  I am getting to the point in winter when I begin to crave sunlight.

Which brings up a question?  Has the weather in your part of the country changed since you were a kid?  I'm curious because I don't remember it being so continually cloudy here, even in the summer.  The last I had heard, we have more cloudy days than Seattle.  Boo!




We had a very nice weekend here.  I can't say I got any of the chores I needed to accomplish done, but I got to spend loads and loads of time with our newest grandson (and our daughter!).  He and his mama came here right after I got home from work on Friday and hung out until 9:00.



Saturday I picked them up and we went shopping at Target, Burlington, and Sam's Club.  I was on the hunt for a Pack & Play to keep here.  I did eventually find a nice one that didn't break the bank.  I also bought Mommy a few things and a few cute things for Colton besides groceries and such we needed here. We even had lunch at TGIFriday's and he was such a good boy, sleeping through most of it.


And Sunday they were here most of the day so Daddy could get some much needed sleep (he is a midnight shift man).  They came around noon and stayed until close to 8:00!  My little man got to watch some of his first Super Bowl with me.





Hubby worked a little bit on the bathroom.  Can we say this has been a slow process?  He tore the old tub out in October and then the hours he works and sickness have kept it from progressing at anything faster than a snail's pace.

Hubby is having to custom build the shower as our bathroom turned out to be an odd size and we couldn't just pop over to Lowe's and buy one.  Sigh.  It's going to be lovely, though, when it's done.

We are covering the floors and walls of the entire bathroom with tile that looks like wood.  There will be a band of river pebbles on the walls to break it up a bit. the floor of the shower is going to be flat slices of river rock and there is a built in seat and shelf for shampoos and such.  We have to move the toilet over a little so a new one is in order and a new sink and vanity are going in, too.  It's all going to have a sort of rustic, spa look.




It looks like I'm getting or already have another "bug."  The cough returned at the end of last week, but really picked up yesterday.  I started to feel chilled and a little achy yesterday, too.  Then during the night I think I must have spiked a fever...woke up freezing, shivering so bad my teeth were chattering.  I got up took some ibuprofen, fired up the pellet stove, and threw a heavy afghan on the bed.

When the alarm went off this morning I was drenched with sweat, but feeling better.  I thought maybe that meant I was off the hook, but the cough is hanging on and I've felt chilled and a little achy since mid-morning.

Sigh.




That's all for today.  I have to head back to work in just a few minutes and the dogs must go out before I do....it's going to take some convincing to get them out in the rain.

See you tomorrow for the Wednesday Hodgepodge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave me a comment. I do try to respond to all comments....unless you're a spammer. If you're a spammer....GO AWAY!