February 11, 2017

Love Yourself

Saturday 9: Love Yourself (2015)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


* A disclaimer from Stacy:  I currently have bronchitis and last night in desperation I took some cough syrup with codeine leftover from my husband's own case of bronchitis. I slept, but codeine and I don't really get along and it doesn't seem to be fully out of my system this morning so if there are any funky answers or incoherent rambling, that's why.

1) In this song, Justin sings that he doesn't like to admit he's wrong. When did you most recently cop to a mistake?

I don't know what it was, but it was probably today.  I freely admit that I make mistakes daily...well, at least minor ones, that is.  I try not to make big ones on a daily basis.  Not that it always works out.

2) He also complains that his girl doesn't like his friends. Who is someone that you've met recently and liked? 

A woman my daughter used to work with.  She is my age and when she and my daughter worked together, my daughter was having a very rough time with some of her co-workers, but this woman showed her kindness.  I was always thankful for that, but now that I've met her I found her to be very nice....someone I could be friends with if we ever saw each other, which we don't.

3) Justin first performed this song live on The Ellen Degeneres Show. Who is your favorite talk show host?

I don't watch any talk show with regularity, but when I do, I like to watch Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz.

4) Young Mr. Bieber recently had his credit card rejected ... at a Subway Sandwich Shop. Think about your last trip to a fast food restaurant. Did you pay with cash or plastic or your phone?

Plastic.  It was rainy and miserable so I just zipped through the drive-thru at Arby's on the way home.

Even though we're featuring a lack-of-love song, this is the last Saturday  9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday.

5) In Victorian England, it was considered bad luck to sign a Valentine. Have you ever received an anonymous card from a secret admirer?


Not in recent memory, if ever.

6) Retailers report that approximately 3% of pet owners buy Valentines for their furry friends. Have you ever purchased a gift for a pet on a special occasion?


They get a few presents at Christmas.  For other holidays, maybe just a special treat.  

7) It was once believed that if a maiden ate a heavy meal before bed on February 13, her dreams that night would reveal the identity of the man she would eventually marry. Do you find that eating too close to bedtime disrupts your sleep?

It depends on what I eat.  If I give in to something overly processed I'll be in for a wild night of weird, weird, WEIRD dreams.

8) The postmaster in Verona, Italy, reports that Shakespeare's Juliet Capulet still receives love letters. Without looking it up, can you give us a quote from Romeo and Juliet?

Thus, with a kiss I die.

9) Necco's Sweethearts -- those little candy hearts that say things like "Be Mine" -- are Valentine Day's top-selling confection. Sam never could stand eating these candies. Do you like them?


They are fun to read, but no, I don't eat them.  They are awful tasting.




That's it for today's Saturday 9.  Please visit Sam over at the official Saturday 9 blog to find the "rules" of play and the prompts as well as links to others who are playing along. 


8 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better! I admit I used to have a crush on Dr. Oz. I watched him every day one year when I was home sick. I don't know what happened between us, but it's not the same anymore ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Arby's in town closed down a couple of years ago and the building is still empty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that nobody eats those things any more. The dental bills are not worth it to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on #7--very,very weird dreams!

    Hope you are feeling much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fun to see how many do NOT use "Romeo, Romeo ..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. When thinking of quotes, all that started out was, "though you, my lady queen, are fair ''tis true...". So then it was back to the dusty attic to rummage. Maybe brain death comes from eating little chalky heart?
    Also, I really liked Dr. Phil's show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun post. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave me a comment. I do try to respond to all comments....unless you're a spammer. If you're a spammer....GO AWAY!