2. What sounds make up the background noise in your life? Yapping poodles, the blower on the pellet stove, kids carrying on, and the chug of diesel engines.
3. I read on the Power of Positivity website a list of ten things to drop from your life right now. They are-
anger outbursts, people who put you down, regret, negative self talk, being a people pleaser, the notion you need to be perfect, the past (but keep the lessons learned!), gossip and judgment, comparing yourself to others, and the word hate (focus on what you love instead)
Which thing on the list do you most need to drop? Are you trying or will you try?
Negative self talk. I am my own worst critic. I am trying to change.
4. What is sacred to you?
My relationship with God, my family, and this country. Don't mess with any of them.
5. January is National Oatmeal month. Are you a fan, and if so how do you like it?
Not. at. all. I manage to choke a bowl of it down once in a while, but that's it. When I do eat the stuff I prefer maple and brown sugar.
6. What feelings does twilight stir up in you?
Contentment...coming home at the end of the day...coziness...family.
7. Something you're looking forward to next month?
Do you mean in February? I'm looking forward to getting to see our other grandchildren on the 18th and maybe having them stay over....at 4 our grandson hasn't stayed away from Mom and Dad yet so we don't know if he'll be up for it or not. I'm also looking forward to having the 20th off from work.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Holding on to unforgiveness is like drinking poison and expecting it to kill the other guy.
That's all for this week's Hodgepodge. A big thanks to Joyce for hosting and coming up with the fun questions week after week. Stop by her blog to check out the links to other player's entries or to play along.
Have a safe and blessed week
and keep warm!