December 30, 2016

Friday Fragments

STOP!!!  I can't believe this is Friday.  There are only two days of my Christmas vacation left.  Why does it take so long to get here and then it flies by....even when you spend most of your time sitting around in your pj's?  I have never wanted to go back to work less than I do right now.  Sigh.  It's going to be a long winter.

The house smells awesome today.  I'm using up the last of the Christmas ham and have big pot of ham and bean soup simmering away.  We'll take it up to my mom's for supper.  She and my stepdad like it as much as we do.  The kids....yeah, I failed with them.

I'm working on my 2017 bullet journal today.  I got a bigger notebook and am trying to be a bit more creative and ambitious than I have been.  I'll post pictures once I have it figured out.

It's cold and snowy here.  Boo!  I love snow.  At Christmas.  Otherwise...there is no need for it.  On the bright side, we are holed up and keeping cozy with a fire in the pellet stove and snuggly pups curled up.  

I started reading one of my new Christmas books, James Rollins' The Seventh Plague.  The premise of it is that the biblical plagues were not only real, but can happen again.  Rollins uses real science and then builds incredible stories around them.  In the past he has written about drones, artificial intelligence and human extinction among other things.  Because there is science at the root of his writing it does get you thinking.

I hate to say it, but I've been thinking and I think the Christmas decorations are coming down tomorrow.  I usually take care of that on New Year's Day, but I don't want to spend the last day of my vacation packing up decorations...and if I don't do it before I go back, heaven only knows when it will happen.

My hubby had a good check-up at the doctor's yesterday.  Everything looked good, but he still needs to get the sonogram on his kidneys because the urine test did show some funky cells due to inflammation somewhere in his system. It was all good otherwise.  His cholesterol is down a bit, his BP was excellent, and he even lost a few pounds.

Well, I am off to continue puttering with many things...the book, the bullet journal, the soup....  What can I say?  I'm on vacation.  At least I'm dressed!

Have a great weekend!  I'll see you back
here for the Saturday 9.




1 comment:

  1. I love PJ days!! I also love ham and bean soup! I always make cornbread to go with it and lots of chopped onions! Yum! Our decorations are down and stored away. Feels good, even though it is still technically Christmas until January 6th. Enjoy your last couple of days...me too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave me a comment. I do try to respond to all comments....unless you're a spammer. If you're a spammer....GO AWAY!