In celebration of Debbie Reynolds
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1. In this song,Tammy sings of being able to hear "the breeze from the bayou." What sounds can you hear as you answer these questions?
Last Man Standing, Tim Allen's latest comedy. We've been binge watching while we've been on vacation. I also hear the furnace running and my hound dog snoring on the sofa.
2. This week's song was the theme of a popular movie about a girl who grew up on a houseboat in Mississippi. Looking back on 2016, did you spend much time on or around water?
I didn't spend any time on or around water. We didn't go anywhere this year and we took the pool out so I didn't even have that.
3. In addition to being an Oscar-nominated actress, this week's artist, Debbie Reynolds, was a big movie fan. She amassed an amazing cache of movie memorabilia. Do you collect anything?
Books, cookbooks, Santa figurines, and figural ceramic flower pots.
4. Though she never won a competitive Oscar for acting, Debbie Reynolds was awarded the Academy's Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award earlier this year for 60 years of charity work. While she supported many causes throughout her life, one she was closest to was The Girl Scouts. She was not only a Scout herself, she was a leader when daughter Carrie was young and a fundraiser throughout her life. Were you ever in Boy or Girl Scouts?
Nope. I guess it works for some, but I've never been a fan.
No. We're going to be with friends at their home. We'll probably play cards or a game until midnight then yell "Happy New Year!" call our kids and wish them the same, eat something and then come home.
7. According to the National Insurance Bureau, more cars are stolen on New Year's Eve than any other single day. Are you confident your vehicle(s) will be safe and sound this Saturday night?
Pretty confident. Our friends live way out in the boonies.
8. Do you have any New Year's Resolutions for 2017?
Nothing specific, but I have to get serious about my health and weight.
9. Looking back on 2016, what surprised you?
I honestly can't think of anything that "surprised" me. With the exception of our daughter getting engaged, moving out, and having a baby, 2016 was a pretty sucky year....and I say that even though my candidate won.
Here is hoping 2017 is much kinder to all of us....and that we are all much kinder to each other.
|Join in the fun with Sam & the gang here.|