Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Black is this week's signature color because Friday, November 25, was "Black Friday," when retailers cut their prices and consumers flock to the stores. Did you score any "Black Friday" bargains?
Nope. I never left the house. Didn't even shop online.
2) Feasting and football are also popular Thanksgiving weekend pastimes. Do your Thursday-Sunday plans include pigging out or watching a game?
Well, they definitely include pigging out, but no more football. We just did the deed....we eliminated cable/satellite service and are going to live with only Netflix and Hulu.
3) At Thanksgiving dinners, Crazy Sam's homemade gravy is always a hit. (Probably because she's so generous with the cognac, which gives the gravy a nutty taste.) What was particularly delicious at your Thanksgiving table?
Well, my daughter can't eat turkey so usually we make a little something on the side for her, but this year since she's 8-months preggo my mom indulged her and made her favorites....ham, funeral potatoes, corn spoonbread (the recipe is on my recipe page), and pumpkin pie. It was all good. Maybe the pie was best.
4) Among the biggest the Black Friday advertisers are Target, Kohl's, Macy's and Best Buy. If you could have a $100 gift card to any one of those stores, which would you choose?
Kohl's, please. The nearest one is far enough that I rarely go, but I love it when I do.
5) This week's song, "Baby's in Black," is about a girl who wears black because she's in mourning. Do you find that the color you're wearing reflects your mood?
I don't think so. I wear black when I'm in a great mood and hot pink when life sucks. There's really no rhyme or reason.
6) The woman who inspired this song, Astrid Kirchherr, has been friends with Paul McCartney since he and his bandmates (John Lennon, George Harrison, Stu Sutcliffe and Pete Best) met her in Hamburg back in 1960. Tell us what you believe are the components of a strong, lasting friendship.
Love, respect, loyalty, honesty, common interests, forgiveness, and a great sense of humor. I'd say that works for pretty much any relationship.
7) In the early days of the Beatles, Paul McCartney and John Lennon began writing a play but abandoned it. Do you have a novel, painting, play, song or poem that you're going to finish "someday?"
I used to think I'd write a book one day, but I don't think that any longer.
8) When he was 16, George Harrison dreamed of moving to Canada, Australia or Malta. In just a few years, he would visit all those places with Beatles and eventually decided there was no place like home and stayed in England. Have you ever thought about moving to another country? If so, where?
I used to dream of Australia. These days I watch movies like Under the Tuscan Sun (I'm watching it now) and My Life in Ruins and think I could like living in Italy or Greece.
9) Random question: Finish this sentence -- If you want me to give you "yes" for an answer, the best time to approach me is _____________________.
After I've eaten so my blood sugar isn't low. I tend to get really cranky when it is.
Visit Sam @ Saturday 9 to join in the fun.