On the origins of this week's meme, Bud had this to say...
We found this gem from a guy named Scott from the blog “Musical Perceptions”. It was a meme/survey that he was tagged for. He lists a few people to thank as though he won an Academy Award. Maybe he has. We only read the one post. He does take music very seriously. But that’s as far as we go. Tracing questions back to the original author is just too much work. Time to toast!
Cheers to all of us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The Musical Perceptions Meme
1. Where did you grow up? We moved quite a bit until I was entering high school, so....in the country, in a small town in northwestern PA, on a PA Game Commission pheasant farm, in a privately owned wildlife research preserve in the Laurel Highlands of southwest PA, and in the suburbs of the same small town I currently live in...also in southwest PA.
2. Where do you live now? Oops, got a little ahead of you! To elaborate, I live in Latrobe, PA, a town very much in the news right now because it is Arnold Palmer's hometown. It was also the hometown of one Fred Rogers. That's right, I live in the original neighborhood and the names of the characters on his show are still names you run into around here. I also live on the lot backing up to my mom's house, which is the same house my paternal grandparents moved into in 1931. Our lot used to be my dad's very large garden.
3. What do you think about religion? I'm sure this might surprise you, but I'm not really a fan. To explain, I believe religion is man's invention and attempt to understand and control God. I believe God's plan is simply for us to have a relationship with Him. To do that we have to invest time in getting to know Him through reading the Bible and prayer. We do need fellowship with other believers, but if you look at most religions, you won't find all their rules for how to "do it" in the Bible. As for my relationship with God, I'm very serious about that.
4. When did you start using online social media? I started blogging back in 2001. I signed up for My Space late in the game, maybe 2006 or so. I opened a Facebook account in 2009. I signed on with Twitter in 2011 (still don't get or use that one). I've been resistant to everything else so far....no Instagram, Snapchat or anything.
5. What did you study to be? A journalist, but I left halfway through to get married. At 20 I foolishly thought I could go back and finish at any time.
6. How are you at this point of your career? I don't have a career. I have a job. I dream daily of finding something else....not that I hate my job. I'm just tired and would like something with a more regular schedule.
7. Do you use your real name on a blog? Yes. That wasn't always the case. Bud (and maybe a couple of others) may remember me as "Ace" at the blog "Paint Splotches." It was during a rough time in my life and it became a rather dark place (for me) and full of biting, snarky, sarcastic humor. I'll just say it ended badly, caused me to reevaluate a lot of things in my life and make some changes.
8. Do people you work with read your blog? I don't think so. I don't "advertise" that I have a blog, but I don't hide it, either. The people I work with don't strike me as the blogging type, anyway.
9. Are you on the job market? Not really, but like I said above...I'm keeping my eyes open.
10. If you could go back in time to meet someone famous but now deceased, who would it be? I've always thought Teddy Roosevelt was an interesting character so why not him?