September 26, 2016

30-Day Challenge: Satisfaction


Day 8: A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life.

There have been many moments over the years, but I'd say the most recent one happened this summer.  It didn't have anything to do with my job or income or success.  It had to do with family.

My relationship with my daughter-in-law has not always been easy.  In fact, there was a time when it was absolutely horrible.  The one with my son has had its ups and downs.  There was a time I couldn't imagine having any kind of normal relationship with them, but I never gave up.  I never quit praying.

Things started to turn around a couple of years ago and it seems to get better and better.  On the day I'm talking about this summer, my son was helping my daughter move and my daughter-in-law, grandkids and I went to a used book sale and some thrift shops together.  We had a perfectly lovely day.  My daughter-in-law and I had some deep conversation and joked together and enjoyed the day.

I was totally satisfied with life that day.  



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blessing that was for you AND for her too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Stacy, that's awesome! Praise God for healing in relationships.

    I hope y'all just get closer and closer.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave me a comment. I do try to respond to all comments....unless you're a spammer. If you're a spammer....GO AWAY!