This week I am thankful...
* as I watch the news this morning of fires, tornadoes, disease, flooding, earthquakes, accidents, war...that my family has been untouched by true tragedy. What an incredible blessing!
* that my daughter's future mother-in-law is going to help pay for the baby shower. I tried to get her to help plan and she doesn't seem interested in doing that, but the financial help is very welcome. I hope as time goes on we are able to forge a relationship of some kind as the grandmothers and mothers.
* that the adorable baby shower invitations I ordered on Amazon will get here soon enough to get them mailed and allow people a little bit of time to consider it and RSVP.
* that baby shower plans are falling together with relative ease. I found a local woman on Facebook who makes adorable cupcake trees stacked with cream-filled cupcakes. Just look at them! Ours will be very similar.
* for my Total Gym. Today will be my second day using it (starting out you are only to use it 2-3 times a week). I can't wait. I absolutely love it! And it is allowing me to see what particular areas need extra work...by showing me where I basically have little to no strength. It came with about 6 DVDs, but for now I've chosen to use the deck of exercise cards that go in a holder right on the machine so you can see them as you work out.
* that my husband finally has at least the preliminary appointment with the pulmonary doctor. It's the first step toward getting a sleep study done. The man is only sleeping 3-4 hours a night. No wonder he is always exhausted! Apparently, there are many in need because the first available appointment was at the end of October!
* for Pinterest and being able to click a few keys on the keyboard and come up with hundreds of recipes to shake up our meals. Last night I followed a recipe and made pork chops in the slow cooker. It was so easy....just a can of cream of chicken soup, 1/2 can of water, and 1 envelope of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix. Stirred it all together, poured it over the chops in the slow cooker and then cooked it on high for 4 hours. Yummy! It's also been an invaluable source of baby shower ideas. Whoever developed it is a genius!
* that the weather cooperated and we were finally able to cross one off my mom's bucket list. At 72 years old, she finally got to ride the roller coaster her mother forbid her to ride when she was a kid.
* for my job. We had our back-to-school meeting this week and it looks like not much will change for me this year. Only one or two new faces and the route is the same. The bad news is we don't get a raise this year, but I am thankful because the reason is that the owner made several financial concessions with the school district in order to extend the contract until 2023. That is good news as it has been common around here for a new company to come in when a bus company's contract is up and bid outrageously low to get the contract, which means they pay a LOT less than the old company and the employees take a huge hit....if the new company even keeps them on.
* for the friend who is coming to take me to brunch and shopping later this morning. A last day out with a girlfriend for this summer!
* for all of you!
Have a blessed Thursday
and remember to
be thankful in