Saturday 9: Into You (2016)
... Because Cat suggested it. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this video, Ariana Grande and her boyfriend take off on a motorcycle. Are your trips usually carefully planned? Or would you prefer to just spontaneously get up and go? It depends. I've done both. When it's a longer trip or when it included the kids, I definitely did a lot of planning. For a weekend with just my husband and I....spontaneous is more fun.
2) As they ride through the desert, they pass several cacti. This makes Sam sad, since she had a potted cactus on her desk and managed to kill it in no time. Do you have luck with house plants? I inherited my grandmother's green thumb when it comes to house plants (the woman kept around 100 house plants!). Except for cacti. I can kill those suckers in record time...and usually do.
3) This song mentions the appeal of acting "a little bit scandalous."Tell us about a time you were the subject of gossip. I can't remember anything specific, but I'm sure I was in college. My friends and I partied hard every weekend and the norm was to meet up in someone's room the day after to rehash the night. If you weren't there, you can bet you were going to be the topic of discussion.
4) Ariana's mother is an executive at a company that makes, among other things, alarm systems. Is your home protected by a security system? No. We had one once. We won it at a home show. It didn't last long after we came home from a weekend away to find my mom, my father-in-law, and the state police in the driveway because my mom had come to do something and neither she nor my f-i-l could remember the password. It was actually pretty funny, though my mom never thought so.
5) Ariana has her own fragrance, "Ari," available at major department stores. When you're at the mall, do you accept the scent strips you're handed? Or do you say, "no, thank you." I can't remember the last time I saw anyone passing those out at our mall. It's been years. I wouldn't take them anyway. Heavy perfumes kill my sinuses. I'm more of a body spray kind of girl.
6) Ariana has said Mariah Carey is her "favorite human being on the planet" and her biggest musical influence. Who is your favorite female vocalist? I don't know why, but I tend to not be a fan of female singers. I think I just like the deeper sounds of a male voice. I do love to hear k.d. lang belt something out. She has an incredible voice.
7) A big fan of horror movies, she admits Freddy Krueger of theNightmare on Elm Street movies was her favorite growing up. Do you like scary movies? I wouldn't say I "like" them, but I will watch psychological thrillers. I will NOT watch gruesome, gory horror.
8) She had a brief relationship with rapper Big Sean. Do you like rap music? I liked MC Hammer. Does that count? I like a couple of Christian rappers, too, but on the whole....no, I don't like it.
9) Random question: Which kid were you in school -- Class Clown, Brain, Jock, Stoner, Cheerleader, Teacher's Pet? A combination of a Brain and a Jock. I was an honor student and I played on the girl's basketball and softball teams.