Today's Hodgepodge is the Gold Medal edition. Join in the fun by heading over to see Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond for the complete rules and how to link up.
1. Are you watching the Olympics? Your favorite summer Olympic event? I read recently a list of the most iconic Olympic moments in history...what stands out in your mind as a great moment from some past summer Olympic games? I'm not watching, not even a little. Sorry. If I was watching, I'd be all about gymnastics. I love to watch those athletes. They are so strong and have such control of their bodies. I am always amazed by the things they can do. As for a great moment....I will never forget when little Nadia Comaneci became the first gymnast to score a perfect 10.
2. Have you ever been to Rio? How about the place that started it all-Greece? Have you ever been to any of the Olympic Games in person? Is that something you'd like to do? Have you ever met an Olympian in person? I've never been to Rio, Greece, or any Olympic games location. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the games in person, but it's not on my short list of things to do. Yes, I have met an Olympian in person. I met the gymnast Cathy Rigby back in the 70s.
3. The ball's in their court (tennis), cross the finish line (track and field), on target (archery), make a splash (diving), on a roll (gymnastics), out of one's depth (swimming)...which Olympic-related idiom best applies to your life right now? Explain. I'd say "cross the finish line" because all of life is kind of one big marathon. We have to keep on, keeping on till we cross the finish line.
4. What have you earned a 'gold medal' in recently? Patience.
5. What is it (or who is it) that motivates you to eat right, exercise, and do what you can to be healthy? I wish I knew....I struggle with that.
6. Are you young at heart or an old soul? Explain. For the most part, I'm young at heart. I still get silly and play with the kids. I try new things. I still want to get out and do things and have fun. Laughing is my favorite thing. I still welcome change.
7. It's National S'mores Day (August 10th)...are you a fan? Will you celebrate with a s'more today? No, I won't be celebrating. S'mores are....okay. When we have a bonfire I might have one, but that's more than enough. I'm not a big sweets eater and s'mores are sickenly sweet.
8. Insert your own random thought here. My life has felt like it was on hold this summer because I haven't had a car. My husband's truck started acting up at the beginning of July and he started driving my car while he figured out what was up. It took a while to decide what to do about the truck, then parts had to be ordered online (they could not be purchased any other way) and then we had to wait for them to be shipped. Once here it took over a week of evenings to get the job done. Yesterday was the first day he drove his truck to work. All went well except that it now has a leak somewhere and is losing antifreeze by the gallon. So, he has my car again today, but at least he'll be able to fix the truck (again) tonight as it will be cool. He couldn't do it last night when it was hot. I'm pretty sure the Lord is trying to teach me a BIG lesson in patience with all of this.