Linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit by God's Hand for Thankful Thursday.
This week I am thankful for....
* YouTube. The hubby's truck is acting up again. It will run a little while then shut off. While he's driving. It will eventually start again after it sits a while. It made it necessary to have it towed home on Tuesday. At first he thought it was probably a dirty fuel filter. But thanks to YouTube and the universe's willingness to make videos about anything and everything, he now thinks it's a bad exhaust sensor and knows exactly how to fix it. Either way it's a minor repair and for that there are no words that encompass how HUGELY relieved I am.
* My daughter and her fiance being here for dinner on the 4th. Only God and my husband knew how down I was feeling about the family not being together (as a kid, the 4th of July was second only to Christmas in our family's celebrations), so it was a wonderful, God-given surprise when their plans fell through and they came over to visit for a bit.
* My faith that God is in control...otherwise it would be very easy to freak out over the FBI's recommendation to not prosecute Ms. Clinton...after very clearly spelling out that she's guilty as sin. Our country is in trouble, but no matter what happens, God.is.in.control. It's all part of His perfect plan.
* The wildlife that comes visiting even though I live in the suburbs. Yesterday I opened the backdoor to let the dogs out and there sat a baby bunny on the step coming up onto the deck. He's a naughty bunny (I'm sure he was coming up on the deck to check out the veggies I am growing in pots) but he sure was cute and he about drove the dogs insane staying just beyond their reach but still visible.
* Monday's trip to the farm market. The refrigerator is overflowing with yummy fruits and veggies. Tonight's supper will include baked zucchini chips, roasted cauliflower (purple, orange or a mix?), and a salad along with whatever meat I decide on.
* Salon Pas patches. I tried them for the first time over the weekend. There are particular spots...my ankle, hip, lower back...that ache something awful when I do a lot of walking or standing thanks to arthritis. I slapped a patch on each spot before we went to the Arts & Heritage Festival and was able to walk the entire thing with no pain. The only problem I had was the one on my ankle didn't want to stick and I eventually took it off. It must have released enough medicine to work, though.
* Plenty of good books to read this summer and the start of the library's used book sale this Saturday. More books! Yay! (I really need to get that room done and get my bookshelves moved in there.)
That's all for today. Have a blessed rest of the week and remember to be thankful in all things!