July 28, 2016

Truck Parts, Wedding Bells, and Zucchini

Time to count the things I am thankful for!
Linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit by God's Hand


This week I am thankful...

* that my husband finally decided what to do about his truck and ordered the parts.  They arrived this week, so by the end of the weekend I should have my car back!

* that Megan and Cody have set a wedding date....Sept. 23, 2017!

* that my husband mowed the weed patch that used to be our backyard last night.  He took the pool down in May and hasn't had time to get topsoil brought in and spread so the weeds have totally taken over.  Thank goodness it looks better than I thought it would mowed since we are having the gender reveal party for Megan and Cody's baby here on Saturday.

* for the tiny baby bunny who shmoozes with the fairies in my fairy garden.  He's so little he'd fit in my hand.  I've started leaving some veggies out for him (Shhh! Don't tell Tim.) but he's a bit more shy than the last little bunny we had.

* Megan is coming over today to help me get the house ready for the party.  They are calling for rain and storms so everyone may end up inside.  Yikes!

* my stepdad passed his kidney stone after another trip to the ER and an overnight stay at the hospital.

* for the things I am learning in the Armor of God study.  I learned a LOT yesterday about taking my thoughts captive and how science is showing that changing our negative thought patterns not only changes our mindset, but can actually cause our physical bodies to be healthier and even to heal!

* for zucchini and cucumbers, my two favorite summer veggies.  I made a great zucchini dish the other day...a substitute for fried zucchini slices (which we LOVE) that gets rid of all that oil.
  • Heat broiler to HIGH.
  • Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray foil with cooking spray.
  • Slice a zucchini and arrange slices in a single layer on the foil.
  • Sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese on each slice.
  • Sprinkle some Panko crumbs on each slice.
  • OPTIONAL:  I shared this on Facebook and someone made it and added bacon bits to the cheese and Panko.
  • Place under broiler for 3-4 minutes.
  • Remove from oven and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
  • Sprinkle with fresh chopped chives.
  • Dig in!
I have to tell you it was a huge hit.  My husband liked it so much he's requested it twice since then!

* that I get to escape for a little bit and be pampered tonight with a mani/pedi.

* and, of course, all of you!

That's all for this week. Be blessed
and stay in the air conditioning!

2 comments:

  1. I'e never had a mani/pedi... my 11 yr old nieces go weekly. Something is wrong with that.
    I just had fresh zucchini for dinner the other night. the best time of year.
    YIPEEEE for kidney stones passed. EEKKK
    Good timing on wedding date - take the time to ENJOY planning & not get stressed about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last pedicure I had put me in the hospital for three days with a horrid infection. And I went to a spa where the utensils she used were held in a bag with my name on them. The doctor was fairly certain the infection came from a crack in my heel and at the spa. I haven't tried another one since. But it IS nice to be pampered that way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave me a comment. I do try to respond to all comments....unless you're a spammer. If you're a spammer....GO AWAY!