We Found this gem from a blogger that we stole from once before, Stacy of the
blog “All Stacy All the Time”. She states that she stole it from "Lola’s Diner". But that's as far as I'll go. Tracing it back further might be crazier than a Trump speech. So as we sub forour current author, Kwizgiver, we will shout:
Cheers to all of us thieves!!
Sunday Stealing: The Beach Boys' Meme
1. SURFER GIRL : “I have watched you on the shore, standing by the ocean drawer, do you love me do you surfer girl” Were you ever interested in someone (other than a celebrity) who did not return your interest? Of course, who hasn't gone through that at least once back in school?
2. BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL : “So be true to your school now, just like you would for your girl or guy…” Looking back, how do you feel about your high school days? They were...okay. I wouldn't want to go back and do them again.
3. FUN FUN FUN : “…and she’ll have fun fun fun till her daddy takes the T-Bird away…” What was the worst punishment you received as a teenager? My dad was really, really, REALLY big on grounding me. I spent about 2 months during the fall of my freshman year grounded...a time when I guy I had a huge crush on decided to like me, but the grounding thing killed it. And to Dad, grounded meant going nowhere other than school or family obligations, no television and no phone calls.
4. I GET AROUND : “Round round get around, I get around” Where did you go on your last long trip? Walmart. It has not been an exciting summer.
5. HELP ME RHONDA : “You gotta help me Rhonda, help me get her off of my mind” What do you do to cheer up after a personal tragedy such as a lost job, power outage or broken relationship? I turn to my my faith, get together with my girlfriends, and crank some good music to sing and dance along to.
6. CALIFORNIA GIRLS : “I wish they all could be California girls. The west coast has the sunshine and the girls there get so tan, I dig a French bikini on Hawaiian island dolls, by a palm tree in the sand” Where are the best boys found? I'm going to be 52 years old next month, how would I know? Plus, if I was trolling for "boys" we'd have a problem.
7. SLOOP JOHN B : “I wanna go home, please let me go home, ya ya. Well this is the worst trip, I’ve ever been on…” What is the worst trip you’ve ever been on? We went to visit my husband's sister for Thanksgiving a few years ago. She lives in Alabama, which is about a 1000 mile drive from here. Our daughter whined and moped the whole way home because she was "in love" with a boy she met there and wanted to move there. I was riding the menopause roller coaster at the time so everything in the known universe made me cry or want to throat punch someone, and my husband decided it would be fun to pick at us to make us more upset on purpose.
8. WOULDN’T IT BE NICE : “I guess the more we talk about it, it makes it harder just to live without it, but let’s talk about it…” What is your biggest wish? For my husband to take care of his health and for him to stop being such a workaholic.
9. IN MY ROOM : “There’s a place where I can go and tell my secrets to. In my room. In my room.” What is your favorite thing about your own personal room or space in your home/office? Well, my personal room is a work in progress. It was my daughter's room until she moved out last month. I love that most of my books are in there. I love how cozy it is. I love that it is filled with little momentoes that matter to me.
10. GOD ONLY KNOWS : “You never need to doubt it, I’ll make you so sure about it. God only knows what I feel about you” When was the last time you told a significant other or close relative that you loved them? A couple of hours ago when we had dinner with our daughter and her fiance. Oh, wait, I'm wrong. I said it to my husband when he went to bed.
11. GOOD VIBRATIONS : “My baby has good vibrations, she’s giving me excitations…” When do you get good vibrations? When my husband does small, thoughtful things. Usually he's so tired from work or not feeling well that he doesn't have the energy to put into little considerations like helping with my chores around the house, but I always make a point to tell him when he does that a man helping with housework is a sexy man.
12. KOKOMO : “We’ll go to Kokomo. We’ll get there fast and then we’ll take it slow. That’s where I wanna go…” What is your favorite warm weather destination? Chincoteague and Assateague Islands are my favorite places on earth, but any beach/shore on the east coast or one of the Great Lakes will do.
13. DO IT AGAIN : “Let’s get back together and do it again…” If you could go back in time and gather up your school friends, what would you do again? As mentioned in an earlier question, I wouldn't go back. Once was enough.