2. Can you swim? How did you learn? June 27th is National Sunglasses Day. How many pair do you own? I can swim. I took lessons for several summers as a kid. As for the sunglasses, I own 2 pair. Both are prescription so I don't have to keep changing back and forth between them and my regular glasses. They are even equipped with bifocals so I can read at the beach or pool. And they are polarized...I need some serious protection since I spend so much time driving.
3. What characteristic do you judge most harshly in yourself? How about in others? In myself, it would be my tendency to procrastinate. I get pretty mad at myself over it. In others, I'd say it would be respectfulness. I loathe how disrespectful everyone is these days, not only to the people they come in contact with, but to themselves, as well.
4. Robert Frost wrote the now well known poem entitled The Road Not Taken. What's a road (literal or figurative) you've always wanted to travel and where do you hope it takes you? I live within 2 miles of U.S. Route 30, otherwise known as the Lincoln Highway, the nation's first transcontinental highway. Ever since I saw an episode of I Love Lucy as a kid, that featured Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel driving across the whole country on Rt. 30 to reach California, I have dreamed of doing the same. It has taken a lifetime together, but my husband is finally convinced it would be a good trip. I want to throw in a side trip on Rt. 66, too! As for where I hope the road takes me....all over this great country.
5. Popsicles...yay or nay? If you answered yay, what's your favorite flavor? I guess yay, though not for the actual brand Popsicles. I like the ones made of real fruit these days and I discovered one at Walmart that makes my taste buds stand at attention. Strawberry-rhubarb! They are amazing.
6. Brexit - on a scale of 1-10 how knowledgeable are you on what's involved here? (1=very knowledgeable, 10=what's Brexit?) Is this news you will follow or is it something you think won't impact your life in any shape or form? I'd guess I'm maybe a 6 or so on the subject. I will be at least loosely following it and keeping an eye on it because I know it will have some impact on life here. It already resulted in a huge drop in the stock market and I'm sure there are going to be political and diplomatic ramifications.
7. Share a favorite song on your summer play list. Only one? There are so many! This is a great one:
8. Insert your own random thought here. It's not been a good week for the family when it comes to health concerns.
Our daughter has to have further testing, but may have gestational diabetes in her pregnancy (it seems to run in my husband's family). The simple test they did put her at 148 and the cut-off number is 140.
We also heard over the weekend that our daughter-in-law has to go for further testing because a 2cm mass was found in her breast. She is 29 and there have been others in her family who have had breast cancer. They are not saying that's what it is yet, so we are praying.
Whatever all the tests show I trust that the Lord is in control and will get us through.
That's it for this week's Hodgepodge.
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a blessed week!