We Found this gem on a site called “Deviant Art”. It seems to be a blog network for people who think they create art. We stole it from a lady whose handle isNanacat36. She stated she stole it fromEternalWhiteSkies. But that’s as far as we go. Tracing a meme back to its author takes more time than I care to give. It was original 50 questions but it was obviously written by a student. So we cut it and have and changed some questions to be closer to our age group.
Sunday Stealing: The King of the Beasts Meme
1. Would you post a picture of you for us? I suppose. Here's one of me with my daughter and granddaughter back when I was having my hair straightened...and one of me just a few months ago with curly hair and sitting in my bus.
2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now? No way! That's younger than my kids. The way the world is today, a 51-year-old and an 18-year-old may has well be from different planets. Our life experiences and the fundamental way we see the world are very, very different. Plus, I'm sorry, but if he acted like a lot of the young people I know, I'd want to smack him upside the head and tell him to quit whining.
3. Do you prefer to work with women or men? Why? I was going to say men because they are less inclined to drama, but you know, that really isn't true any longer. It really doesn't make any difference to me. I treat everyone with respect and stay out of the drama at work and everyone seems to respect that and they don't try to suck me into it.
4. Do you have any opposite sex friends? There are men that I talk to at work or church and consider friends, but I don't have friendships with men where I call them just to chat or that we go hang out. I just don't think close friendships with the opposite sex are good for a marriage....they are like asking your partner to have doubts.
5. Can you commit to one person? Obviously, since I've been with my husband for 31 years (32 in November). We've been through a lot of ups and downs in that time and we're still together, we didn't quit when the going got tough.
6. If you are married or in a relationship, have you ever been tempted to cheat? Toby Keith has never shown up at my door, so, no.
7. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2018? I supposed it's possible. We are getting older and that means health issues could pop up and completely change the game, though I pray that isn't the case. My hubby got burned at work a few weeks ago and while it wasn't good, it could have been much worse....a few more seconds of flame and it would have been life changing. Who knows what the country will be like in two years with whomever we end up with for president and the whole bit that the world at large is kind of falling apart at the seams.
8. If the person you are interested in says they are interested in someone else, what would you try to sway them? I would try to have a heart-to-heart conversation to get to the bottom of it, but if they really weren't interested in me I'd let them go. I've got too much self-respect to beg or be the crazy ex.
9. Are you good at hiding your feelings? Yes. As an introvert, I'm probably too good at it.
10. Are you aware there is no #10?
11. When was the last time you cried? I don't know. I don't cry very often these days. I think I cried myself out when I was on the menopausal roller coaster. EVERYTHING made me cry for about a year.
12. Have you ever fallen for someone you didn't expect to? My husband. I never wanted to get married until I was at least 30. I was going to have a fabulous career as a globe-trotting reporter before I got married and I fully expected to marry some white-collar kind of guy. I met my husband during Christmas break. He worked at the same factory my dad did and where my dad got me a job working whenever I was home. We had our first date the day after Memorial Day and within two weeks we knew it was forever. We didn't get engaged until we'd been together a month and we got married in November.
13. What is something you have to do tomorrow? Pay the taxes.
14. Name something you dislike about the day you're having. I've only been up for half an hour, it's too early for it to have gone south already. Later, I'm not going to be all that excited about the temperature being close to 90 and the humidity being about the same.
15. Have you ever wanted more from one of your best friends of the opposite sex? It's been years since I was that close to guy friends....I can't really think of any I felt that way about.
16. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn't have? Oh yeah, I had the biggest crush on my best friend's brother growing up. He was tall, handsome, smart and a star on the wrestling team. He was only 2 years older than me, but 3 years ahead in school so no way would he even consider me...I was a lowly freshman when he was a senior. I pined away over him for years.
17. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night? My daughter. She stopped by to pick up a load of her laundry that she'd left in the dryer earlier.
18. Do you have someone of the opposite sex that you can tell everything to? My husband.
19. When was the last time you were jealous in a romance situation? I'm jealous of my husband's job all the time. He's a workaholic.
20. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be? I know exactly which one, but I'm not going to discuss it.
21. Did you have a good day yesterday? What did you do? I mowed the grass. With the push mower because so much of the yard is still nothing but dirt and ruts from my husband tearing out the pool and other landscaping...too tough to run the riding mower. In the evening we got a frantic call from my mom to come help her and my stepdad cover his blueberry bushes. It wasn't going well and from the sound of things they were about one step away from ending up on one of those true crime shows about one spouse or the other snapping.
22. If a person you had wished you could have a relationship with for a long time and you suddenly found yourselves together alone, what would you be doing right now? Unless it's Toby Keith I haven't even had thoughts like that about someone. I'm married, remember? However, if it was Toby Keith.....I still wouldn't be doing anything, but I'd be crying about that.
23. Do you replay things that have happened in your head? All the time. I think we women are prone to that.
24. Don't tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive? Well, I might be a bit biased since it was my son.
25. Is your life anything like it was two years ago? Is that a good or bad thing? It really isn't much different. That's a so-so thing. I don't hate my life, but there are some things I wish were different.