Saturday 9: As Long As You Love Me (1997)
Bookstraveler suggested the Backstreet Boys. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Here it here.
1) This video shows the boys in the band nervously awaiting an audition. When were you last nervous? I'm a little bit shy, so meeting new people can make me nervous. I guess the last time for that was a couple of weeks ago when I met up with a new women's group for the first time.
2) BSB Brian Littrell was born with a congenital heart problem and had open heart surgery the year this song was released. Who is the last person you visited in the hospital? I think it was my brother-in-law following his stroke two Christmases ago. It turned out to be the last time I saw him as a blood clot dislodged during therapy and killed him a week later.
3) Littrell had different health trouble in 2009. While working in Japan, he contracted swine flu, which caused the band to cancel several events. Have you battled a cold or flu this summer? No, I've, thankfully, been healthy as a horse.
4) When you feel a cold coming on, what's your favorite remedy? Peppermint tea, honey and lemon lozenges and zinc.
5) Brian and his cousin, fellow BSB member Kevin Richardson, are both from Kentucky and have been inducted into the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame. According to their website, if you tour the Hall of Fame you'll see exhibits that celebrate Kentucky's contribution to American music. Do you enjoy museums? Or do you think they're a snooze? It depends on the subject matter showcased in the museum. A sports museum probably wouldn't interest me much, nor would a car museum. Music, history, the natural world...I'm probably good with all of those.
6) BSB Nick Carter was named one of People magazine's "Most Beautiful People in the World." Who is someone you think is especially gorgeous? How about Chris Hemsworth? Or that man-bun guy, Brock O'hurn? Minus the man-bun.
7) This spring Nick became a father for the first time. Is anyone in your life expecting a baby this year? My daughter is expecting her first child on December 26. Two of my nieces and a cousin's daughter are also expecting. It's a regular baby boom!
8) The band has been involved in ongoing litigation with their first manager, saying he had been dishonest with them about how much they had earned. Tell us about someone you trusted but shouldn't have. How about half a church congregation that used my husband and I as leaders to get what they wanted (removal of the pastor) then when the poo hit the fan they all disappeared into the woodwork and let us take the fall?
9) The band's record-breaking 1999 tour was sponsored by the Sears department store chain. Sam remembers the twice-a-year shopping trips to Sears--Spring and Fall--with her mother to update Sam's school wardrobe. What's the last article of clothing you bought? A long, black tank with a loose, swingy, asymetrical hem. I love it because it easily goes from casual to dressy.