February 15, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Hey y'all...it's Hodgepodge time!

1. What do/did you call your grandparents? If it's something unusual tell us the story behind the name. If you're a grandparent what do your grands call you? Who chose your moniker?

I called my maternal grandparents Pappy and Nana and my paternal grandmother, Grandma.  I have no idea how those came to be their names.  As for my husband and I, we are also Pappy and Nana (Nanny).  Pappy or Pap-pap was going to be a given for my husband.  I chose Nanny because I did not want to be called Grandma.

2. Ever taken a road trip along the California Coast? If so what was the highlight of your trek? If not, any desire to do so? If you were to take a trip along the California Coast what's one attraction you'd have on your must-see list?


I've never been there.  There are a few things I wouldn't mind seeing, like the giant Redwoods, but it isn't high on my list.

3. What are three things you don't know how to do?


Knit, change a flat tire, and stop the accumulation of stuff on the kitchen island (sigh).

4. Tom Peters is quoted as saying, 'Celebrate what you want to see more of.' If that's true what will you celebrate and more importantly, how will you celebrate?


My husband working less is the only thing I can think of right now.  As for "celebrating" it, I guess I'd just let him know how much I like having him around those extra hours and hope it will encourage him to do it more often.

5. Thursday (February 16) is National Almond Day. Do you like almonds? Which would you prefer-an Almond Joy or a macaron? What's something you make that calls for almonds?


I don't like almonds or any nut at all.  I will eat peanut butter and I've discovered I love chocolate almond milk, but just to eat them?  Ick!

6. What does Saturday morning look like at your house?


Most of the time I'm the only one home and it's a chore day where I am catching up on laundry and cleaning.

7. Share with us a favorite book you've read this winter.


I don't know that there is one favorite book, but I've "discovered" Mary Kay Andrews since Christmas.  I've had a few of her books sitting around for a while now, but just picked one up and started reading last month.  I've read four of her books since then!  I guess you'd call them contemporary romances or chick-lit, but they are more than that.  They have clever, witty, amusing story lines and I've really enjoyed them.  I need to get my hands on some more.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.


As I mentioned last week, I've started working on a new blog.  There is a LOT to do yet, but it is up, named and I've made two posts over there.  Please check it out...   My Cup Is Full.

for the Hodgepodge rules and to join
in or just read more posts.

2 comments:

  1. I can't seem to stop the accumulation either, but mine is on the table or it could be that it's all over the house. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting ~ a new blog! I'll check it out! Also, I have constant piles in more than one location in the house and on my desk at school ~ endless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave me a comment. I do try to respond to all comments....unless you're a spammer. If you're a spammer....GO AWAY!