January 16, 2017

Monday Might Be the Best Part of the Weekend

This was the weekend that found me doing nothing exciting.  Again.  The good news is that it wasn't me who was sick.  The bad news is that it was the hubby's turn.  He had been playing around with it all week before finally deciding to go to Med-Express Saturday morning.

It turned out I was right (imagine that) and the man should have gone days before he did.  I wish you could have heard his hacking cough on Saturday...well, maybe not.  It was pretty gross.  The doctor said it was, hands down, the worst cough he'd ever heard.

Anyway, my hubby has acute bronchitis and was probably on his way to pneumonia (no fluid in his lungs, but x-rays showed the lower lobes of both lungs as "shadowed.").  They prescribed a really strong antibiotic, cough medicine with codeine so he could sleep, pills for his cough for when he shouldn't sleep (like this week at work...and yes, he went), and an inhaler.  He still isn't feeling the best, but his cough is much, much, MUCH better.




As for me, I got to do fun things like go to Walmart to have his prescriptions filled.  The flu is hitting this area very hard right now so the whole pharmacy section is absolutely insane.  I dropped the scripts off and did a little shopping to kill time waiting for them.

I bought some grocery items we needed, a new dish pan that we definitely needed because the cheap Sterlite ones keep cracking around the rim (does Rubbermaid still make them?), a couple of long-sleeved tees, a couple of magazines and a book, and I found this on clearance sale for Colton.


I got to give it to him right away because his mommy called while I was at Walmart, so after taking Hubby his meds and getting some of them in him I went and babysat all afternoon so Mommy and Daddy could get a few hours of sleep.  It was a tough job.

He's got the cutest smiles when he's sleeping.

Belly's full, diaper's dry and Mommy's holding me...CONTENTMENT.


I don't like this game, Mommy.

No photos, please?
So, that was pretty much it for fun stuff in my weekend.  I spent the rest of the time catching up on laundry, doing some household chores, reading, playing on the computer, and taking care of the Hubs.

On the bright side, there's no school today because of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday so I have today off, too, and I get to meet up with some friends for lunch.  Yay!

Happy Monday!  Here's hoping we all have a blessed week.


1 comment:

  1. Wishing you a blessed week as well. Hope hubby is feeling better by now! Why do the men always wait too long to seek help? That new grandson is adorable!! Nice find at Walmart!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave me a comment. I do try to respond to all comments....unless you're a spammer. If you're a spammer....GO AWAY!