This week I am thankful...
* that I was able to go back to work today. I'm not really over the flu or whatever it is that I've had all week. I fought nausea all day and now my chest feels like it's "tightening" and my breathing is a little bit wheezy. Asthma? I also had to drive on some dicey roads this afternoon as a snow storm hit about the time school was dismissing. But I am still thankful. I went back to work and made it through the day.
* that my husband seems to have escaped this bug.
* for the way my husband pampered me and took care of me in the evenings and called several times a day to check on me.
* to be safely home (the roads are bad) and snuggled up with my pups.
* there is a possibility of a new job in the future for my husband that would significantly improve our financial situation...and that he is will to consider it and other offers that come along.
* for Crumpets, my favorite tea shop. They have scrumptious flavors of loose teas, fresh baked crumpets with a variety of AMAZING toppings, and a yummy lunch menu. I am dying to get over this stupid flu and get some of their chicken salad...it has green apples and bacon in it!
* for a nice time with our friends on New Year's Eve...even if I am pretty sure that's where I picked the flu.
* that my friend's husband, who is also a dear friend, a pastor, and something of a father-figure to me is doing well following his open heart surgery. He has a very long road ahead and is getting impatient, but he is doing well.
* for all of you!
Sorry it's a short list this week....I haven't done much but snooze on my sofa. Stay safe and warm this weekend as the storm hits most of the country.