A message from Bud:
We didn't find this gem. The Gal Herself did. She seems to have a sixth sense when I hit a wall with this. Gal found a blogger called“Lana G” who often played Know & Tell Friday. Back in its day it had a decent following. I appreciated this assist. I want to keep this going until I figure out what's next. I'm not being cryptic. Or am I? Foreshadowing? Thanks, Gal.
Sunday Stealing: The Here to Serve, 16 Questions Meme
1. Which is worse? Being gossiped about or being lied to?
Both suck, but I take being lied to as a more personal betrayal so to me it's the worse of the two.
2. What is your favorite "Starbucks" drink? Or if you have better taste, "Dunkin' Donuts?"
I don't drink coffee at all. At Starbucks I drink tea, hot chocolate or juice.
3. Name an embarrassing moment (Make it good!).
Jean Claude...I think I shall name it Jean Claude. Oh, not what you meant? Okay, okay. A couple of years ago I was at a fundraising bingo event for the high school's ROTC program. It was at a local firehall that had been added onto piecemeal over the years. The hall resembled a rabbit warren with all these little rooms and hallways.
Part way through I got up to go use the restroom. I wandered through several little rooms full of bingo players. When I reached the last one, and the one where the hall to the restrooms was, I spotted some friends from work at the table near that hallway and stopped to talk. When I was finished talking, I turned to walk into the hall and promptly fell flat on my face. I didn't realize the floor going into the hallway was a good foot higher than the floor in the room.
I was lying there wanting the earth to open up and swallow me (and in some pretty good pain). Instead I got swarmed over and fussed over by my friends, the ROTC kids, and the firemen. It took me a while to get up because I really twisted my knee. The firemen helped me limp back to my seat and propped my leg up on a chair. One of the ROTC kids brought me an ice pack.
Just call me "Grace."
4. Is it hard for you to ask someone to forgive you when you have wronged them?
Yeah, I think it goes against human nature to humble ourselves, but somethings still need to be done so I usually pull up my big girl panties and apologize.
4. Who do you wish you could meet?
My father, though I have no idea why I want to. He has known about me since before I was born, but never once made any effort to see me or even ask about me. Maybe I'm harboring a secret desire to tell him what I really think of him.
5. Best food comes from which country?
I don't really have experience with foreign foods, just the Americanized versions of them. I like Chinese, Mexican, Italian, and good old American foods.
6. Do you like small talk, or deep conversations?
I am an introvert. Small talk is the worst thing you could ask me to do. I never know what to say and quite frankly, it tends to bore me to tears. I would much rather have deep, meaningful conversations.
7. Who do you most want to encourage this year?
My husband and daughter are most in need of it.
8. If those who know you best gave you one piece of advice, what would they say? Would they be right? What will you do about it?
They'd probably tell me to get serious about losing weight and getting healthier and they'd be right. What will I do about it? Hopefully, get serious and get to work.
9. How often do you get real sick?
Not that often, maybe every 2 or 3 years, but when it hits me...it's a doozy!
10. Are you a person who has a whole lot of acquaintances, or just a few close friends?
Hello....introvert. Remember? Just a few close friends.
11. If you could cure a disease, or heal a sickness, which one would you choose?
The big bad. Cancer. Or maybe stupidity if you'll allow me to call it a disease.
12. What was your favorite book of 2016?
I read a lot of books this year, but I can't say any one jumped ahead of the pack. I did, however, read the newest book in each of Janet Evanovich's three series and on the whole enjoyed them more than the others, I guess.
13. What was one of your biggest accomplishments in 2016?
Playing nice when it came to politics.
14. If you could be guaranteed a spot on the reality show "Survivor," would you go?
Aw, heck NO!
15. Which is worse? Shopping for jeans or a bathing suit?
Jeans. Definitely jeans. I buy bathing suits online and as long as you know your basic size you're good. They are stretchy things, so they fit as long as you are in the ballpark. Now, looking good is another story. If you're a big girl, no matter how "flattering" the style it's not going to turn you into a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model. Jeans, on the other hand, require time spent in the dreaded fitting room because not all brands make their sizes the same and some think that if you are above a certain size you must be 6 feet tall and the legs are miles too long and....well, if you're a woman you know how hard it is to find jeans that are comfortable and look good.
16. How old was your oldest living relative (still living or in the past)? [Editor's note: I haven't got a clue as to what this question means, either. That's why it's perfect...]
I'm not sure who was officially the oldest, but I know there were a few who lived well into their 90's. I don't think anyone made it to 100.
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.
May you be blessed with the company
and love of good friends and family.