|Click button to visit the Hodgepodge.|
1. Let's all think happy thoughts...share one of yours here. There are only 6 more weeks until our second grandson says hello to the world...assuming he actually arrives on his due date of December 26. Early, late or right on time...we are excited about finally getting to meet little Colton Timothy. Is there anything happier or better than a new baby?
2. There's a Chinese proverb that says, "If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing...." What say you? If you want happiness for a day _____________. If you want happiness for a day, I say take the time, make the effort, and really focus on all the good things in your life rather than on the bad or the things you don't have.
3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you? Right here at home. I'm the only one here most of the time so it's quiet and peaceful and filled with things I love and enjoy like my dogs and my books.
4. What song never fails to make you happy?
5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what's the last 'fast food' you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a 'happy meal' what would you include? Well, it probably shouldn't be a thing since most of fast food is so unhealthy, but they are trying and offering better choices these days. The last fast food I had was a couple of tacos yesterday to kill the craving for Mexican food I'd been having. My version of a "Happy Meal?" Probably beef enchiladas, tortilla chips with pineapple/peach chipotle sauce (Walmart sells it) and a margarita.
6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog. For fun, for connections with folks I wouldn't otherwise meet, and though it's less of the reason than it used to be...to keep my writing skills up.
7. List seven things you're feeling especially grateful for today. God, who hears and answers my prayers. The election is over and having the hope for change that comes with a President who is not part of the same old system. The atmosphere of this Thanksgiving season and the impending Christmas season...it's got it's own feel and I've always liked this time of year. My husband being in a period of feeling better than he usually does which means he's also been in a better mood. My children and grandchildren...that includes spouses and fiancees. The truck keeps running and hasn't had any more problems. We've finally started on remodeling the main bathroom!