THE GETTING TO KNOW YOU QUESTIONS
We found this gem from a site named Enkivillage. Its original title was “Questions to ask a guy you want to date”. We only changed the title because the questions were so good, that they are universal.
Welcome back to Bud!
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. Would you prefer to be smart or happy, and why? Well, I wouldn't want to be dumb as a stump, but I think I'd choose happy over smart because quite often the smart people don't seem to be all that happy in life and who wants to live miserably.
2. If you could choose one superpower, what would it be and why? Invisibility, so you couldn't find me if I didn't want you to...and so I could go covertly where I wanted to. Imagine the government meetings I could sit in on. It'd be pretty cool to know what the truth really is. Maybe.
3. What is your biggest regret in life so far? I have a couple that are probably even, but they involve others so I'm not going to disclose them.
4. If you could marry a fictional character, who would it be and why? I really had to think a while about this, but I guess I'd choose Joe Morelli from Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books. Why? He's a sexy, Italian cop with a sense of humor.
5. If money and career were no object, where in the world would you choose to live? Chincoteague Island, Virginia
6. What’s the last book you read that you simply could not put down until you finished? I hate to admit it, but it was a romance I picked off the shelf in the breakroom at work when I forgot to bring a book from home. It was about fireman and a displaced heiress. It was really well written and the plot sucked me in the first few pages.
7. What television show do you plan your day around in order to see it live? I really like The Big Bang Theory but I don't plan my day around television.
8. What extracurricular activities or sports did you participate in when you were in high school? Varsity softball and basketball, reporter for the school paper, yearbook committee, ushers club, monogram club, library assistant, art club, Civil Air Patrol, Youth Conservation Corp.
9. Of all your pet-peeves, which is the strangest? I know people can't help it, but I hate hearing people swallow, lick their lips, chew, etc.
10. Is it better to beg forgiveness or ask permission? If you know it's wrong or going to upset someone, I think it's a lot more considerate to ask for their permission or okay....and then abide by whatever they answer. Forgiveness is sometimes a long time coming which isn't good if you value the relationship.
11. If you inherited or won a million dollars, what would you do with it? Pay off all our debt, add on to the house the way we want it, put money in savings for the grandkids, and give our daughter and her fiance money for a downpayment on a house.
12. What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you? I don't know. I really don't embarrass that easily.
13. Which fictional character do you believe is the most like yourself? I've always identified with Jo from Little Women.
14. Are you superstitious? If so, what are you most superstitious about? No, I'm not superstitious at all.
15. Do you believe it is vital to everyday life to know what is happening in the world around you? It's probably not "vital" but I do believe there is value in knowing what's going on.
16. What is the nicest thing anybody has said, or you believe they would say, about you? I don't know what the nicest thing anyone has said, but I think the nicest thing they could say about me is that I live authentically. You know, that I live what I believe, that I'm not a hypocrite.
17. What are your life and career goals in 5, 10 and 15 years? They are pretty much the same up to 10 years out...stay healthy, exercise more, spend more time doing stuff I enjoy, get out of debt, add on to the house...and in 15 years? I sure hope I'm retired.
18. Would you rather live in a large house in the suburbs, or a tiny apartment in the city with an excellent view? I am not a city girl.
19. What are you three weaknesses? Procrastination, shyness, I like to be in control.
20. How would you describe yourself in three words? Introverted, introspective, calm.
21. Which is more logical to follow—your heart or your head? I've been burned badly by those I love or have loved. I don't follow my heart. My heart is on guard all the time.
22. Are you spiritual or religious in any way? If so, how? I am a Christian. I am "born again." I am not religious, however. Religion is of mankind's making and rules, not God's. I pray and study the Bible daily. For me, it is about having a relationship with a living and relevant God.
23. If you could have any career possible, what would it be? Something to do with books or writing or I could probably like doing something with antiques or decorating.
24. Have you ever been arrested or contracted any diseases? Nope.
25. Which is better—a novel or a movie? I enjoy both, but I think the novel is better. It engages the mind more and makes you use your imagination. You have more intimate knowledge of the characters. You are more invested.