October 2, 2016

The Raven

It took me a while to get into Mike Nappa's, The Raven.  The story jumps around from character to character giving bits of the story and at first I found it a bit confusing.  However, once all the characters were introduced and I had them all sorted out, I was hooked!

The story centers around a young street magician, Raven, who finds himself in a whole lot of trouble with a man set to be Atlanta's next mayor and, surprisingly, the Ukrainian mafia.

Help finds Raven in the form of Trudi Coffee, a smart and beautiful private investigator, when she comes looking for him concerning a theft he pulled and finds the Raven "entertaining" several Ukrainian thugs.

As the story progresses it becomes clear there is something big going down soon.  Something called "Nevermore."  Something that all of the characters are involved in whether by design or by accident.

Trudi and her ex-husband, Sam Hill, who is a former CIA operative and currently a detective with the Atlanta P.D., set out to figure out what the plan is and stop it.

Once you have the characters figured out The Raven is a good story...exciting and it kept me guessing about who was guilty and who was not.  There's some comedy and a bit of romantic tension between Trudi and Sam.  Also, the violence is pretty mild.  All in all, I'd say this is a book a wide variety of people will like.  I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave me a comment. I do try to respond to all comments....unless you're a spammer. If you're a spammer....GO AWAY!