Typically, I don't do so well in these high pressure situations. (Please, don't ever come to visit the day before Christmas or the day of a big family gathering.) I do, mind you, crank out some of my best work. The problem is that I tend to do it with a short temper and a notable lack of grace. Not exactly a good example for the ones watching to see how you, the Christian, are living out what you say you believe.
So, knowing my weakness, I have asked the Lord to help me keep it (my stress levels and my mouth) under control...or rather to put it all in His hands. I asked Him to help me hang on to that bowled over feeling of amazement from yesterday, to know with assurance that He is bigger than anything, and He is in control even when I'm not. Especially, when I am not.
Then God reminded me that I missed Thankful Thursday yesterday with Rebecca Jo and the rest of the gang and that counting blessings always brings peace. With that in mind, here, a day late (again!) is a list of a few of the things I am thankful for this week.
* The financial help from my mom and my future grandson's other grandmother in paying for the baby shower. My daughter gets the shower she hoped for and none of us gets poor...or at least not any poorer than we already were.
* A couple of new friends I've made through putting the shower together. One is the cupcake lady. I can't wait to see the cupcake tree she is putting together. I promise to share pictures. She is so creative!
* My mom, who has been supportive, helpful, and encouraging through all the preparations. It's such a welcome surprise. She is usually quite critical of everything. Oh, how I hope and pray, she is changing for good.
* The extra bus run at work and what it means in my paycheck. That extra bit has come in very handy in planning this shower. I can't believe how much baby stuff costs!
* I'm really not missing Facebook. I still check my notices to see if I need to respond to anything, but I'm not cruising my newsfeed to see what y'all are doing every day. Nope, all I do is play games for a little bit before I go to bed or during lunch and honestly, I'm likely to fall asleep doing it.
* These absolutely breath-taking fall days and nights. Perfect weather!
* Little Colton is growing just as he should and should be here right on time somewhere around Christmas.
* The hated truck is still running just fine!
* Arby's has pumpkin cheesecake shakes.
* All of you!
And now, it's time for me to rush back to work. No stress...all is calm...it's in the best of hands.