Oh my, it's been 32 years since I got married and while I thought the gowns were much more elegant than all those big poofy things we wore in the 80s, I'm still reeling from sticker shock. Both of the mother-of-the-bride gowns I looked at were over $500! The bridesmaid gowns we looked at were running around $300 each. You don't even want to know about the wedding gowns.
Well, enough of the moaning. I do want to take the time to be thankful today and join in with Rebecca Jo over at Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursdays.
This week I am thankful...
* that the saga of the truck I wish would die in a ball of flames is about to end. After three months of trying many, many, MANY!, different repairs and diagnostics...some on our own, some by mechanics...it was finally decided that the $8000 part we had put on it in April was no good. Praise God, it was covered by warranty so we do not have that bill again...just what we owe the last mechanic for all his time and parts and now for inspection because that ran out while all this was going on.
I should finally have my car back tomorrow evening!
* that the dog groomer I use agreed to stay open late to take care of my poor Poodle. With no car, I couldn't get my fur-baby groomed all summer and she was a horrid, hairy mess. She looked bad, smelled bad, and felt bad. Now she is all pretty again!
* that God has been more than patient with me this past few months when I have wanted to sink into a pit of worry, anger, self-pity, and probably a whole host of other nasty feelings.
It has taken a while to break the habit and I'm not perfect at it, but now, more often than not, I'm remembering to stop...speak scripture...and give it all to God before jumping off into the deep end of the freak out zone.
* for all of the absolutely perfect days this last week of summer is bringing. Blue skies, lots of sunshine, cooler temperatures, and most important...LOW HUMIDITY!
* for a whole day with my grandkids. We had an absolutely awesome time at the zoo and then at home watching the new Jungle Book and making supper together.
* for hot, cheesy pizza delivered just this minute.
* for all of you!
That said, it's time to post and go eat supper.
Enjoy your evening and smile, tomorrow's Friday.