We Found this gem when a few weeks ago we asked for memes to steal. Shannon W (my friend and the author of Moments of Introspection) gave us this one but did not tell me where shegot it. It's long so we broke it up in two parts. As it says above, we edit and change questions. Mostly I hate yes or no questions. That also allows the person I stole it from to play. That's not a goal but it is reality. If you think hosting a meme is easy, try it once. Okay, now time for me to shout:
Cheer to all of us thieves!!
1. Do you like blue cheese? Eww....no.
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? If yes, how did you quit? I may have smoked one here and there during college, but I never did it with any regularity and I never did it anywhere else.
3. Do you own a gun? How are your feelings about gun control/2nd amendment rights? I actually own 2 handguns and an AR-15 style rifle. I have had lessons on safe handling and we go to the range and practice a few times a year. I have a conceal carry permit. I believe everyone should have the right to own firearms obtained through legal channels. Personally, I don't believe further restrictions will stop crime, school or other public shootings. Criminals do not care about laws. The insane do not care about laws. The only people who will have less access are law-abiding citizens and frankly, with the way this world is, I want to be able to defend myself and my family. I value and trust our police, but most police forces have had to cut back and it may take longer than I've got for an officer to arrive.
4. What is your favorite flavor of water or liquor flavors? I don't really like water that much, except for Voss water and that stuff is expensive. I'm trying to convince my taste buds to like lemon in water. As for liquor flavors, I lean toward the fruit flavors. Peach Schnapps, Apple brandy, coconut rum.
5. Do you get nervous before a doctor visit? Why? No. I guess because I'm not worried about anything until he gives me something to worry about?
7. Although it’s been asked a lot, tell us about a favorite movie that you haven’t shared before. I really like "Little Women." The one with Elizabeth Taylor is best, but the one with Winona Ryder isn't bad. I think I'm drawn to it because as an only child the relationship between the sisters really appeals to me.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I don't like coffee, but I need that morning shot of caffeine, so I start my day with a diet Coke.
9. In a dating situation, have you ever misrepresented yourself to seem cooler or hipper? (Yes we know for most of you it was long ago…) I really don't remember, but I would suppose so. Don't we all try to impress a bit when we first meet someone new?
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Why? My wedding band because it represents my marriage and everything my life hinges on. After that, I have a pair of 1-inch silver hoop earrings I wear nearly every day.
11. Favorite hobby? Tell us about it so we understand it. I like to read. A lot. You're doing it now so I'm guessing you understand the concept.
12. Do you have A.D.D., or have you suspected it? Both of my kids have it so, yeah, I can see it in myself in a milder way. My husband is a different story. He and our daughter are two peas in a pod...very easily distracted.
13. What’s a thing you dislike or would change about yourself? I dislike my weight and I'm working on changing that.
14. Middle name? Like it or not? Lynn. I guess it's okay. It's not like anyone really uses it since I've grown up and my mom isn't letting me know I'm in big trouble by using both names.
15. Name three random thoughts you might have on this week:
1) What color should I paint my toenails for the first day back to work?
2) I owe Darcie a Pampered Chef order.
3) What food should we serve at my daughter's baby shower?
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Tell us a bit about them. Crystal Light Peach Iced Tea. It's sugar-free and peachy. Diet Coke. Also sugar-free, but fizzy. Wine. It's sweet (I don't like dry wines), and usually a red or fruit variety.
17. Current worry: Is my husband's truck going to be up and running before I have to go back to work so I can have my car back?
18. Current annoyance: My husband's truck.
19. Favorite place to be in the summer? Give us a wee bit more than “the beach”. Here at home I love our back deck. A Toby tree grows over it and it's like being in a tree house. I have a table and chairs, a swing and some comfy chairs as well as lots of flowers and vegetables and a small fountain out there. Away from home, I love Chincoteague Island, Virginia.
20. How do you usually ring in the new year? If forced (how we’d do that without Judd coming to your house, if you even know who he was) to do something new, what would it be? We usually ring it in at home these days and half the time my husband isn't even awake. Sometimes we used to get together with friends. What we've never done is go out to a big party so I guess that's what I'd try that's new and different.
21. What have you done this summer that’s special? Pictures please. I really haven't done anything since I've been without a car for most of the summer, but I did get to witness my daughter being proposed to. That was pretty exciting.
22. Have you ever walked into a room with just shoes on? I'm pretty sure I haven't.