This week's meme got a great intro from Bud, the creator of Sunday Stealing:
We Found this gem from a blogger named Erik Rubright who lives in Pea Ridge, Arkansas. The blog’s name is “Gambrinous with Griffonage” which he explains translates to “full of beer with bad handwriting”. It was written over seven years ago, so we had to update a few questions. Erik states that he stole it from the blog “The Melancholy Diary of a Cynic” who undoubtedly ripped it off another blog. But that’s as far as we will go. You’ve probably already stopped reading this and started the meme.1. Would you try a recreation drug if all were legalized? No. I don't have a problem with medical uses but otherwise my philosophy is not everything that is legal is good for you. Plus, life is crazy enough without warping your perception of it.
2. Are you happy that the U.S. Supreme Court once again upheld a woman's right to abortion? No. I feel that abortion is murder.
3. Would our country cope any differently with a woman president? I don't think so. If Hillary is elected I believe we will see more of the same....and don't hang me for being a Trump fan, because I am not. I loathe both of the choices we have.
4. Do you believe in the death penalty? I don't think it should be used lightly, but yes, I believe there are cases when it is warranted.
5. Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already? No.
6. Do you believe in God? Yes, I do.
7. How do you feel now that same-sex marriage is legalized? I feel the same as I did before it was legalized.
8. Do you think it's wrong that so many Hispanics are moving to the USA? I think it's wrong that so many ILLEGAL immigrants of any race are moving to the USA. If you come through legal channels then, "Welcome home!"
9. A 12-year-old girl has a baby....should she keep it? Wow. I would guess that depends greatly on each specific situation and the circumstances surrounding it. I don't think a 12-year-old should be the legal, custodial parent of an infant under any circumstances. While a child mother and her child could stay together there ought to be another adult in control.
10. Should the alcohol age be lowered to 18? Good grief, no!
11. Should the wars in the Middle East be called off? At this point, probably. We should have gone in and struck hard right at the beginning and put an end to all of this. I'd say that boat has long since sailed so lets bring our military home or send them somewhere they can actually make a difference.
12. Do you believe in spanking your children? Yes. I spanked mine. There is a difference between spanking and beating. Beating is done in the heat of the moment in anger. Spanking is done with calm emotions and after explaining why it is being done. It is discipline....a consequence that can be avoided by making good behavior choices.
13. A mother is declared innocent after murdering her 5 children in a temporary insanity case....what do you think? I don't really support the insanity defense. I still feel people must face the consequences of their actions.
14.Would you want to prosecute someone for burning their country's flag as a method of protest? It's not our job to uphold the laws of another country. However, if you burn the U.S. flag on U.S. soil I do believe there should be some kind of consequence....a large fine at least.
15. It's between you and a person who is being kept alive (with NO hope) by life support machines....one has to die. Who? Whatever power that has declared one of us has to die can choose. I don't want to die, but I'm not afraid to die. As a woman of faith, I believe that the end of life here means the beginning of life in heaven.
16. Are you afraid others will judge you from reading some of your answers? I'm sure some will, but I am who I am. Like me, love me, hate me....it's your choice. I won't pretend to be something I am not to win anyone over.