Welcome! It's Sunday so that means it's time for everybody's favorite meme, Sunday Stealing. So, find a comfy spot, pour your beverage of choice and let's get to it!
We Found this gem from Paula Kumert of the blog "A Story Teller With a Camera". She states that she stole it from Kelly, but that’s as far as we go. It's like doing magic. You can't intrigue if you explainhow it's done. Finding the original author of any meme or survey is too much work for this old blogger. So I'll just yell out:
Cheers to all of us thieves!!
A Story Teller's Meme
1. What are your current obsessions? Well...it's current, but it's not new, it's ongoing....acquiring more books. Summer is when many libraries have used book sales, yard sales are in full swing, and next weekend Half-priced Books is having their chain-wide clearance sale at the convention center in Monroeville, PA. It's book heaven! I don't just buy piles of books for the sake of having more books. It's more of a treasure hunt. I'm looking for books by favorite authors that I don't have in my collection yet, autographed books, first editions, old or unusual books, children's books with amazing illustrations, and I have a thing for books with interesting notes written in them from the original giver.
2. What are you listening to? Right at this moment? I have the television on and tuned to House Hunters. They are looking for a home in Hawaii in the current episode. I'm wanting to slap the whiny woman....looking for a home in Hawaii with a half-million dollar budget. What more do you want?!
3. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? Probably my Merrell sandals. They have Merrell's Q-form sole that corrects pronation and has a lot of arch support so they ease a lot of the foot and ankle pain I have. I wear them with just about everything during the summer.
4. What are you reading? I just finished reading a book that I have to review for Revell Publishing. I haven't picked what comes next.
5. What’s for dinner? I think I might do stuffed peppers in the crock pot.
6. What was the last thing you bought? Our son and his family were here yesterday and I bought pizza for dinner.
8. What training did you get and how do you make a living? I went to college and got about half of the way to a degree in journalism, but left school to get married. I used to wish I had finished, but I can't say I'm sorry I'm not part of the media these days. I put in several years as a youth leader/director at a church. I have a lot of vocational training in that. What I do now is drive a school bus. I had to train for a couple of weeks and pass the written and driving parts of the Commercial Drivers License exam to do it. Now I have to undergo several hours of classroom training, time on the road with a trainer, and pass the written test again EVERY 4 YEARS. I also have to pass a physical every year.
9. If you could go back in time, knowing what you know now, and choose a different career path, what would you train to do? I think maybe I'd study business management or something along those lines. I'd like to have my own antiques business.
10. What’s your best time of day? First thing in the morning (assuming I've had enough sleep) and late at night.
11. Do you like being on a team or are you a solo player? I'd prefer to work alone, but if I'm honest, I need the team atmosphere to keep me on track. I have some tendencies to procrastinate.
12. What’s your favorite way to create art? I like photography, drawing, coloring. I like to journal and I mix all kinds of media on the pages of my journals. I do some crafts, but I'm really not a "crafty" person who's super into it.
13. Name three items in your refrigerator: Cherries, purple and orange cauliflower, and leftover pizza.
14. Tell us about your first crush: Other than Donny Osmond, it was my best-friend's brother. He was 2 years old than me and 3 years ahead in school. He was tall at 6'4", super cute, a star on the wrestling team, extremely popular...and while he was nice enough and talked to me, I was just another one of his little sister's pesky friends.
15. The first time that I became a boyfriend/girlfriend was with who, when? I never really dated anyone steady until I was in college. My first boyfriend there was a guy named Tom, a brother at the fraternity my friends and I liked to party at. He had red hair and was really nice and we had a lot of fun, but there really wasn't any magic there. I don't actually know why we stayed together for so long.
16. Do you remember what you did onn your first date? My first real date was during my freshman year of high school. We went to the freshman dinner dance, which required a gown and everything, just like the prom.
17. How did you meet your current (or most recent) girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife? I met my husband during Christmas break my sophomore year of college. My dad decided I need to work when I wasn't in school and arranged for me to work at the foam rubber plant he worked at. My hubby was working there at the time. The rest is history.
18. How did your first romantic relationship end? Like I said above, there really wasn't any magic going on so it just kind of faded away. We just saw less and less of each other and then I met a new guy and I'm not sure Tom even noticed.
19. Do you remember your first kiss? Yeah, that was with the boy who took me to the freshman dinner dance. We still talk via Facebook, but there's no temptation there. His lifestyle is NOT for me.
20. What do we still not know about you? I can't think of anything. I'm an open book here on the blog.