Yay! It's Wednesday and time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce. Click the button or here to join in the fun.
1. Do you find yourself influencing your world, or is it more the other way around? I think I influence my immediate world...home, family, church, friends but not so much the world at large.
2. July 14th is National Tape Measure Day...the device was patented on this date in 1868. When did you last use a tape measure? Do you always know where to find one in your house? Tell us one way in which you feel blessed 'beyond measure'. I don't remember exactly when I last used one, but it was since school has been out and yes, I always know where to find one. My husband works in construction...there are tape measures stashed everywhere and if I can't find one he'll get me another. I am blessed beyond measure by my friends.
3.The Plaza Hotel (Eloise), The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia), The Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh), Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), or Never Never Land (Peter Pan)...which storybook land (on this list!) would you most like to visit and why? The Hundred Acre Wood sounds lovely, just because I've always loved Winnie the Pooh.
4. Where and when do you get your best ideas? Usually at home, but as for when....it could be when I'm journaling, talking with someone, reading, working in the garden...the muse can hit any time!
5. So what have you been watching on TV this summer? Anything good? I really haven't watched much television. I don't turn it on at all during the day and when my husband's home he controls the remote so it's usually the American History Channel or some action movie. I do watch The Big Bang Theory and late at night I watch House Hunters.
6. 'Don't swim for an hour after you eat', 'Dog days of summer', 'Knee high by the Fourth of July'...choose a summer saying from the list or share one of your own, then tell us what image or memory comes to mind when you hear it spoken. My mom can't swim and though she doesn't say so, I think she's afraid to get in the water much beyond her knees so when I was growing up and we'd go somewhere that I could swim she ALWAYS pulled out the old maxim about having to wait for an hour after eating.
7. In a single sentence, sum up one life lesson you've learned. Treat everyone with respect and kindness and most of the time they will live up to it.
Enjoy the rest of your week, folks!